Christmas Day

• So how early did your children wake you up this morning?

We were up at 5:27 a.m.

TwoPeas
  • Brian was up about 7:45. It probably would have been earlier but I got stuck working an outage until past his bedtime last night so he got to bed late. He's now out playing Catz on his Nintendo DS. That seems to be his favorite thing.
  • Merry Christmas - the first day and I'm expecting a partridge in a pear tree to arrive at any minute.

My party last night was the best one yet! Just the right mix of people, some new friends and some old ones. There were 24 empty champagne bottles in my kitchen this morning which isn't bad for 57 people.

I'm just back from having turkey with Harry at the nursing home - a nice meal but turkey's not the same when you don't smell it cooking! I may cook a turkey later in January and have folks for dinner.

My dishwasher is running, the champagne glasses are washed and I am going for a nap! John is picking me up before 6 to go to town to work the Bingo tonight.

Enjoy your day!
  • Merry Christmas chicks. Hope everyone had a fab day. We had a wonderful one the girls were up at 6:30. Loved all their gifts, BIL and SIL came over and then DH father and step mom, they left and then we were off to DH mothers and step fathers. Had a great dinner and visit. Went out visiting tonight for a bit, tomorrow it is off to my mom's to go skating and then lunch. I got new scales for xmas so I will be starting back next week. I think I will take the rest of the week to reread the book.
    Enjoy the rest of the day.
  • We stayed up until midnight then went to sleep until 9 am