Do you watch fruit intake and portion sizes?

• I'm a slimming world follower myself but after reading a core foods list ive actually adapted my eating to follow this also. And am still losing. Some of the changes i have changed is I've decided to drink only skimmed milk and only a plain cereal in the morning. Just one of the few.

I was just wondering how much fruit do u eat on the Core plan? And on slimming world there is no need to watch portion sizes is this the same for Core? Thanks in advance.
  • no its not the same. fruits and veggies are unlimitred on core
  • There are things, like fruit and vegetables, where portion control isn't an issue. There are other things, though, on the approved Core list such as corn or baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, or beans and rice, or whole wheat spaghetti ... things that you could definitely overeat on if they happened to be a problem trigger food. Those are the types of foods where I would watch the portions and gauge my comfort level.

You've done a great job so far, too! I've never heard of slimming world but am going to check it out now.
  • Let me put it this way, you need to watch portion sizes if you want to lose weight. There is no magic in any food or food list. It all comes down to eating fewer calories than you burn. Trigger foods I totally avoid.

Are you in Great Britain? You've done well.
  • I try to watch portions of everything and always start with one portion before having more. My only exception is fruit and veggies. I KNOW that I did NOT get fat by overeating them!

The Core plan tells us to eat to satisfaction. I'm a work in progress!
  • Thank you for the great responses. So fruit and vegeatbles are unlimited on Core. I've been really trying hard to just get the hang of eating healthy, i'm not a person who likes to snack and if i do it's usually fruit but my portion sizes are quite huge!!that's why i like slimming world. I'm trying to add more whole grains to my food list like durm wheat pasta??(all i know is it's brown..lol)...i still haven't managed the brown rice though but everything takes time. Thanks anyway i'll continue to adapt my eating to be more healthy like Core. And by the way yes i am in Great Britain(London).

Thanks for the encouragement...i might make myself a regular here..
  • i hope you do become a regular here. we'd love to have you join us whether you do core or not. congratulations to you for making healthy choices and creating a healthier you. i am happy for you.