South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 03:25 AM   #1  

Default Friday Chat

Well, I cant quite wait for Ruthie to let us know how it went. Standing ovation!!!

Today is Friday! At last. It seems like it has been a long week. I am going to do some academic work today, which I have been avoiding all week. Also if it does not rain I am going up to my allotment to potter among my cabbages (although as it has been raining I cant do much as if I tread on the soil it will get all compacted.) I have just ordered some salad seed for something called 'salsola soda' which is a strange looking plant which looks a bit like some sort of scrubby weed, with needly like leaves, but it says it has a delicious fresh vaguely salty taste. I get so excited when a new veg comes to my attention. I will keep you informed as to what happens.

I had three (yes three) glasses of red wine last night. Oh dear. That is what eating blueberries for breakfast does for you. Shall I pour the rest of the bottle down the drain? Or shall I keep it for the occasional glass (yeah right). I think wine stalls my weight loss, I have certainly found that before. I suppose it is down the drain, and commit to just having it when I go out. Hmm.

Weekend plans are homey really. I am going to do more work on my essay (I am doing a masters degree at the moment) and I am going to venture out in to the garden if the weather is ok and at least look at things if not actually do anything. The snow drops are out and they look lovely. I might make it to the gym for a steam room (maybe even a little swimette).

Off to the kitchen now for some coffee. The post just arrived and I am expecting a tax rebate (apparently I am due to get back almost everything I paid a couple of years ago because I made such an impressive loss last year! Now that cant be bad! A sensible person would save the money against future tax, but I am going to go shopping )
Old 02-06-2004, 07:31 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Happy friday my dear chickies. Thank goodness it is here. Why I get so excited is beyond me I am just as busy on the week-end as the week days but atleast I only have my own two in the house and not the rest of the little ( ) angles. I have a million things to do today and I find myself not wanting todo anything. I am hoping that it does storm and bad enough that I may not have to go and teach tomorrow. I know that is bad but I would love to have a saturday that I could just stay home.
I stepped on the scales this morning I am still the same, although I feel slimmer why is it I am a in with numbers instead of how I feel. Well I will not let it get me down. I am back to doing phase 1 1/2 just because I was adding a bit to many of the not so good for you things.

Ruthie I can't wait to hear how you did last night. I am sure you put on a brilliant performance.

Morning Clovey I see you beat me to it today. I am with you I would go shopping today too. I am not one for saving for a rainy day. Have a great day. ( as for the wine try not to cry as you pour it down the drain )

I will be back in a bit. I am going to try to do something in the line of house work just to say that I did and I need to get my music ready for dance class tomorrow because if I don't then there will be class I then I won't be prepared and I can't have that.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! We had a great show and a great audience of 742 terrific people which included quite a few men! Everything went really well and we got a standing ovation. The Assault Response and Care Centre is nearly $20K richer so it was worth all the work. Pictures? Maybe. Despite the no camera rule, there were several people who took photos. Naturally I'll post them if they get to me.

Highlight of the evening? Jen. who has the "Get the audience to say the C Word"part, was prancing around the stage yelling letters when she noticed a woman in the front row covering her face and laughing. She looked down to see that her blouse had popped completely open. She just said "See! I'm warming you up!" and carried on. Yes, staid old Brockville DID holler out the C word with great gusto!

Anyhow, enough of that although we still are having a wind-up party on Saturday night which will be fun.

Clovey, don't you realize what your garden talk does to my soul? "The snow drops are out and they look lovely." I just bet they do! Today we have snow which will be followed by freezing rain and ice pellets! Think of that when you tend your cabbages and plant your new greens.

Little Chick, for your sake, I hope you get some of this storm although I think you Maritimers have had your share of snow. Yes, prep your music - maybe that will give you a day off. I'm reading "I Don't Know How She Does It" and wondering how you and other working mums manage!

OK - I am going to go and read SBD while I drink my coffee and get re-inspired. My homemaker comes today instead of yesterday so I may venture out to get some fresh veggies this afternoon. My crisper drawer looks like the compost heap! Now why didn't I go to the 24-hour A&P in Brockville last night on my way home. Because it was nearly midnight, you idiot!

Have a super Friday. Back later.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:09 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Mornin Chickies! Clovey you said the mail was there and I thought she really did have toooo much to drink! Then time zone hit and I thought hey you better get another cup of coffee and wake up n get with the program! I as well love to blow what I view as extra money. My dh always saves for the rainy days. I guess I need to let him know that with the 3-5 inches of rain we have had in 2 days I need to go shopping!
I'm sure he will say no problem as long as it is grocery shopping.

Hey Little Chic you are a brave brave woman watching kids. I applaude you! I am busier on the week-ends than on weekdays but I don't usually have to get up as early. Which everything will slow down now that we have finished the inside of the rental house and our renter is moving in Sat.

Hey Ruth your up early. Congrats! We were posting at the same time.

Hey to all of you yet to post. Have a happy Friday!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 02-06-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, what a wonderful time you must have given everyone! A full house! I'm so glad...

Good morning to everyone... sorry... I was up most of the night with my DS (ear ache), and I must get moving.
Love and hugs to all...
Old 02-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #6  

742 women reclaiming the 'c' word at the top of their voices??!! Now that is what I call empowerment!!

OK, off to the allotment (I would share my snowdrops if I could.... ) and then off to the SHOPS!!

xx
Old 02-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #7  

Good morning all! Congrats to Ruth! It's snowing here and it's suppose to turn to freezing rain and sleet this afternoon--Fun!

Didn't have a chance to eat a proper dinner last night, had to work late. Lost a 1/2 pound, but I won't count that unless it stays off all weekend.

Have a good day!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:59 AM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth-YAY!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear it went so well!!! Sounds like the audience and the cast hadf a wonderful time!!!

Clovey-YUP!! But some days I feel more like the grit on the path than the grit that will eventually become a pearl!!!

Ellis-I feel for you. DS went back to school today. WITH his project. Good thing too, because I am starting to get homicidaL!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Beach babes

It feels wonderful to be back home, finally. After doing a preliminary sort of the huge mail pile, I fell asleep in front of the TV last night. I only have today off~work this weekend.

I weighed myself this morning as was surprised that I had not gained as much weight as I thought I did. I refused to weigh in while I was away. I want to start Phase 1 today but I'm not even sure what's in the house at the moment. I'm sure DH ate out while I was gone. At least I can cut down on the carbs until Monday when I can do some serious grocery shopping.

Ruth~~I'm so glad that your VM was a success Well worth all of your effort. How is Harry doing these days?

Ellis~~Sorry to hear that you and your DS had such a rough night. I hope that today is better.

hello and welcome to all of the new beach babes. Give me a few days to learn everybody, as i have been away for a month.

January~~Congrats on the weight loss and the loose pants

Clovey~~I need to read some back posts (not sure what is going on about your mom) but i want to send you goodvibes : and prayers for you both. Mom's are special people!!!

Aimee~I live right off of 316 so we are neighbors. Have you started the book yet? When are you planning to begin SB?

Everybody have a South Beach day. I'm on to read more posts.....
~~~Sil
Old 02-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning Ladies! I have been so busy the last couple of days, I havent been able to keep up with the posts....dh is officially off driving the jag to his mother today..we will see him again on Sunday. My mom is suppose to come and visit this weekend, the kids are looking forward to seeing her...they like her

I did catch the posts about Ruth's wonderful performance!! Congratulations Ruth!!!

Ellis, hope ds is feeling better.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone...if i do not get a chance to get back on, I will see you all for the Monday morning weigh in!! Be good!!! And HI to everyone I have missed!
Old 02-06-2004, 11:52 AM   #11  
I'm a Core Newbie!

S/C/G: 246.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies! (Afternoon/evening, Clovey!)

Bravo, Ruth!!! I'm glad it was such a success.

Sil, Dh and I are starting on the 15th...I have to skip Phase I, since I'm nursing, and I'm quite bummed about it, really. Is it worth weaning the baby? Hmmmm.... LOL I read the book last night. I've already called mil and fil (they live in Peachtree Corners) to suggest they get it at the library. Fil had a stroke around Christmastime & is pre-diabetic, and mil is quite overweight, so I really think they'd benefit.

Eeep, gotta grab lunch before going to pick up ds.

Last edited by AimeeJane; 02-06-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #12  

Hi Chickies!! Sorry I havent been posting as much, life is hectic at the moment.

Ruth, congrats!!! We all knew you'd be a success!!!

I want to post so much but at the moment I just cant think straight, lol. I'm still fighting the cravings and finding its much different starting Phase 1 the second time around.

Have a great day all!!!
xoxoxo
Traci
Old 02-06-2004, 07:26 PM   #13  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone!
How I have missed you all! I have been so busy doing enrollment and financial aid for school. That and well.... I have become addicted to neopets. I know it's sad that a 26 yr old would love it, but I have alot of adult girlfriends that have had accounts for awhile and they got me hooked!
I have bad news... I fell off the wagon I know. I know. I think it's because I wasn't checking in here regularly, but I am ready to get back on, AND I am gonna join a gym with a friend of mine. If anyone has a Premier Ladies Fitness around them check it out. It's REALLY nice/ free classes/free trainer/free child care, etc for only $30 a month! I think that's a deal. My friend has a 9 mos old son so we're gonna pick 3 days a week and go together!Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Oh and by the way the racoons in my basement have eaten 4 boxes of decom and WON'T DIE! AAAurgh I am losing my mind and my basement!
I'll be back tomorrow!
Closed Thread