Old 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 4!

Four on the Floor Girls!!! High gear needs to kick in right now. We are starting the 2nd Quarter of the 12 week game ladies! (Lets see... 12 weeks, 4 3week quarters? I guess thats right).

So in case you are not committed (ahem... ) or in a funk (ahem, ahem...) this is the week to shake it. Lets do it. THINdependence is not impossible. Small commitments, big results. I need you ladies... I commit to:

Getting here to check in with you all everyday this week (the last 3 days will be from AZ again... but I am going to do it) (MY E2 COMMITMENT)

30 Minutes 4 Days (My Grazer Commitment)

25 Mmunches a day (My MMavis Commitment)

Remembering "that girl" daily (My Mtiggie Commitment)

Okay ladies.... what are you committing to this week. And SOMEONE needs to start a mini challenge!!!!!!!

ROCK IT!

WEED TODAY:
W- 32 down... shooting for 90
E- 1600 or less
E- 30 minutes plus Mmunches
D- Do not give up... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Nix- Got my walk into for today. Thanks for the kick in the ****

Had a good day again today. Gonna make Tuesday happen too!

W- 3-4 glasses
E- Mindful
E- Walk at lunch; stretch band during commercials in the evening
D- Sending my intention to the universe
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Nix- I am SO HAPPY that I could be some inspiration for you. I will totally ride your butt if you want me to. Some people don't like to be pushed, but others do. What does it take?? Positive reinforcement, shame, heartfelt honesty? I will do whatever it takes.

MM- I know that I have to stick with the exercise. If one day goes by, then another and another. Nope!!! Can't have that!!!

As a matter of fact, let's make that our mini-challenge this week. I challenge all of you to get in some form of exercise, every day this week. Go big, or go home. Make a plan and stick with it. For one week. We can all do one week.

Here's mine:
I will get 45 min. of exercise in everyday.

Monday- 30 min. of BL bootcamp and 12 min/1 mile run. 42 min.

I did strength last night so I am up some today. That always happens. TOM should be arriving tomorrow, so i see weight loss in my future.

Last edited by mtiger; 05-04-2009 at 07:36 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #4  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

kris, thanks for the inspiration! i love it! alright, i'll be here, everyday this week--even if it's just to say hi. (although hopefully i'll be here to report good news)

also, i'm definitely on board with the mini challenge. today is my butt kicking monday--1 hour swimming this morning and then 1 hour cardio and weight lifting tonight after my rehearsal...got to keep plugging away!

talk to you ladies tomorrow!

e.

Last edited by e32; 05-04-2009 at 08:25 PM.
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

Here it is chicas!!!

E32 - I'm back and posting girlie.

Mtiggie - Dang right push me like a shopping cart that only wants to turn right. Ride my butt like we're in rush hour traffic. Call me out in front of my virtual friends. I NEED IT!!!

Grazer - 30 minutes done. I walked up and down my driveway (picture 1/8th mile long at 45%) 3 times and ran/walked 10 laps around the outside of my house. Tried to wear the dog out... she was pumped for more.

Mmavis - I did 25 crunches, that's all it took to get my breastbone area muscles convulsing. THEN I made my BF do the throw my legs down sit up thingy. I know, sounds funny, dont know how to describe it, but I did 40 more.

Okay... going hunting for JCat, Clykk, and Nchellie. Giving JAYA, FAB and Lady a day to get here or I'm going hunting again.

I feel soooo renewed after a little exercise and POP eating day. Thanks for being here girls!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #6  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Evening....all

I found ya......lol....I know I am late getting on here....but better late then never right.... hehehehehehe....I am ready....and with you all...........I check back here tomorrow morning and say something more than hi...

Cheers~
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am with ya'll, wish you lived here so we could exercise together, hate exercise!!

Went running after work last night, so tonight will have to be a walk, probably a dreadmill inspired one since it is supposed to rain here..

W 100 oz
E OP
E Crunches and 45 minutes more of exercise in some form
D Make it a good day!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Hey guys, I'm here too. You can run, but you cannot hide! (insert sinister laugh)

Yes, Nixmom, it was Cagliero's Nursery. I want them to send some of their hummingbirds our way -- they had one that made its way inside and was zooming around the ceiling!

Today is one of my two "long days" at work. I'm captioning an East Coast city council meeting so I start at 6 a.m. California time! Best I can say is that that means I'll be done in mid-afternoon and can still go swimming. Thank you God for ibuprofen ...

W -- 8 glasses
E -- OP
E -- 45 minute swim
D -- this is a LIFESTYLE (I like the way this little guy stomps his foot!)

Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #9  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...nix--here i am

just plugging along:

W 64 and no caffeine today (experiment)
E 1 hour swimming
E focus on serving sizes even with healthy food
D just another day...stick with the plan

jaya, ladyinredd i think you joined when i was mia...but i'm looking foward to getting to know you better--glad you're here

mm--good luck with the walk later...it's raining here too :P

hi to everyone else out there...hope you're having good days

Last edited by e32; 05-05-2009 at 03:33 PM.
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #10  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Hi everybody... I'm new, but not-so-new...

You know the W.O.W. explanation that gets copied/pasted at the beginning of each of your new challenges? Yeah, well guess who originally wrote that...! ME (with help and input from the veterans)! I was one of the founding members of W.O.W., and I'm really glad to see you all still going.

I've had some... uh... difficulties over the past year, but today I am recommitting. Is it too late for me to jump on board for this challenge?

Okay - so July 4 seems like it's really far away, but it'll be here before we know it. And, recognizing that I'm kind of starting over and terrified of overwhelming myself with too much too soon, I'm going to set my goals really super-small. Here's what I'd like to accomplish:

1) Re-implement an exercise routine, and stick to it; and

2) Get to 155. I recognize I may exceed this, but I think 155 is a good starter goal.

Oh, yeah, and 3) do my daily dose of WEED:

W - Finish drinking my daily 62 oz. (only 35 oz. to go!)

E - I am going to get to the gym this evening and start myself at a brisk walk. This week is walking only - next week, I would like to start C25k (I've done it before, I can do it again!)

E - A bit late in the day for declaring calories, but it's never too late to make a good choice, so I plan to grab a salad for dinner. (I'd cook for myself, but that means I'd have to cook for the ex-husband, too, and frankly I'm kind of done with that!!)

D - I'm going to give myself a big pat on the back for coming back here, and a big kick in the pants to get myself going!!

And thanks, e32, for pointing me here!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

Where my girls at????

I am a little off plan today. Cinco De Mayo potluck is the ! But it is over, I am done. Had a small helping of beans, guac, torilla soup, pork green chile and 2 (dang it!) small brownies. But I skipped my snack and had eaten my good little breakfast.

Looking forward to my 30 minutes of exercise tonight. Gonna need it! AND I got 7 hours sleep last night. I think the exercise actually helps me sleep better! My mood is improving day by day!

Lady- I love the hummingbirds in the valley. We get them out by our house all the time (green acres area) and I could just hang out and watch them for hours. Unfortunately, we also have really smart ants and super ingenious bees that like to go after the feeder juice. Anyways... hope your early morning turned out to be the short day you were hoping for.

HolyT - I didn't forget about you in my last post... get here or prepare to be hunted.

Rowdy - I see you posted in the old thread... I am coming to help you cross over
UPDATE: E32 FOUND YOU ~ WELCOME BACK BACK (FROM AN OLDER NEWBIE!)
All you other lovely chicks YOU BEST CHECK IN IF YA KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YA! WE'RE TAKING CONTROL OF OUR WAIST LINES LADIES. THIS AINT FOR SISSIES!

Last edited by Nixmom; 05-05-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #12  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Good Afternoon

How is everyone doing this morning? Two more days I am getting the WII FIT. I am so excited I cant wait.... ..... I am drinking water today .....this is a very gooooood thing....so far no soda....whew....although my body is saying pepsi..hahahah...

This is going to sound so weird...my ex is getting married in August and we are friends he is more like a brother to me now than anything. They invited me and my kids to their wedding. I am so excited for them...but I want to look good though and not all frumpy...lol.. I cant wait to see them and also see my ex's mom she is a sweetheart....we are like family. I know it is weird..but he and I have not been together for like 5 years or so. Omg I am so rambling...lol

Cheers~
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I got the internet and cable installed yesterday morning so I'll be back to my regular posting tomorrow! I'm at work right now, massive headache already. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, both of which will be spent unpacking all my junk.

SUZ! How are you been?!?!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Nix- I'm with you for the mini challenge. I agree about the exercising and POP. It feels great! Totally agree with the mood thing too!

Mtig- I like the heart felt honesty. Give it to me whenever.

MM- Wouldn't it be great if we could have an exercise group?

E32- I'm with you on your "E". Portions

Jay- I love wii fit. Problem is I don't use it enough. The time flies when I use it. My E for tonight is wii fit.

Rowdy- welcome back. I've only been around for about 1.5 years. When did WOW start?

JL- hope you get selled soon.

Has anybody heard from JCat? Seems she hasn't been around for a while

Good day today. Maybe a little too much at dinner. Not feeling like I completely went over board so I can deal. Gotta go get my 30 mins of exercise in so I can keep up with the mini- challenge.

Tomorrow:

W- 3-4 glasses
E- Mindful
E- walk or video
D- I own it!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #15  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey gals, I'm crawling out from under the rock I've been hiding. I've missed you all so much! And I was so excited to see Suz (RowdyBliss) come back. I just posted under your intro and mentioned that we still use your post as the intro to WOW!

I'll tell you all my whole gory story tomorrow sometime when I have some time and a little privacy. I had lost some weight, and gained it back so probably somewhere around whatever my ticker says.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote