Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

it's good to hear from everyone! I was laughing thinking about Starbucks, which you may have heard is losing money and planning to close up some of its shops--which I guess means one on every other corner in DC, instead of on every corner . I figured the downturn was my fault. At first stopping at Bucks was a treat for me when I traveled, then became a travel necessity, and habit when I'd go shopping and then..and then...I really cut back the past few months, and suddenly the company stopped growing. Maybe I should feel guilty?

No big news, except I have an enormous cold sore on my lip. Besides hating how it looks, I'm petrified that the flu or something is about to pounce on me. Two co-workers have been out sick this week..pass the Purell and the vitamin C!

I'm rushing home from work now. The New Year's crowd in the fitness room has kept me from riding the exercise bike so far this week. I want to ride it at least twice a week, one weekday and one weekend. Wish me luck! Otherwise I'm on program today with eating, and I did WATP video this morning.

Keep making good choices!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #32  

Judy try this stuff from the health food store L-Lysine. It works great one day and the sore is gone. My daughter called in a panic when I was getting out of the gym and said need something right away my cold sore is huge etc.. I went and for 5 bucks and the lady said its great stuff nothing that can harm yah and said take it and try it out. Well with in a day it was almost gone crazy but true. Good luck hope yah don't get sick I have fought off a little sore throat but the hubby really got knocked off his butt again. Wow its not nice many folks around here have been ill. THe weather is crazy 70's yesterday 50's today.
My intake today was B-2 poached egg, ww toast 2, few potatoe chunks
L- nice salad with tuna low cal dressing, veggies /pear
D- Vension, peppers, onions, steamed gr. beans
s- apple and peanut butter on it.
I agree when yah work out the intakes seem to go better to.
I booked my flight to HI today 3/25-4/14 nice vac huh? I can't wait to see the kids and the baby!
Judy everyone at my gym seems to be coming in to it is the new years res. for sure it will slow down quickly especially with this weather I am sure it will snow soon but meanwhile wow its great!
Girls lets keep it up we can do it I know for me its wow bathing suit who me oh no better ck it out quickly and make a difference. I feel like my body is starting to make some positive changes. I still haven't done the scale just going by the mirror and my clothes I know becareful but I don't want to jink myself now do I ? Well my apple is calling me.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Marie - Enjoy your day with your son. How do you make lattes at home?

Penny- You are doing the same kind of plan as I am. I am the same way If i eat right I lose it steadily. Seems easy enough and should be easy to stick to right LOL.

Juls- I look forward to getting to know you.

Judy- You had me laughing about the starbucks. I heard yesterday a lot of people are going to mcdonalds instead of starbucks now. If I want coffee I go there but I have not heards of them offering skinny latters yet.

Carol-How old is the baby now? Good for you on transforming your body.

As for me I am on day 3 of being back on track but got my TOM so I am sure the scale will be wacky the next week or so. I am determined to do it this time.

{{ }}
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #34  

Nikki the little guy was born on Thanksgiving he was 7lbs 8 oz. His name is Nautis Von ---------------. With a name like that he is going to have to have some real spirit like his gram! What a cutie he is.
I am so excited and will count down the days today till my trip so exciting! Got to workout today. It helps having a friend to meet at the gym as there is an issue with saying oh too busy or not today. This is good for me. So off to the gym after work today even know I am working a bit later normally I would brush it off.
Marie hope you have a blast with your son. Can't wait to spend sometime with mine. I will cook some special meals and make him some of his favorite cookies spoil him and the DIL and the little guy when I can.
Yesterday was a bit stressful at the end of my day and I was proud of myself for not messing up with the choice making. I am trying to be good and its not always so easy. Jumping on here helps when yah want to snack on a forbidden food choice. Just have a little walk away and jump on the sites which help you to make better life adjustments. Well gotta fly.
Plans: B- bagel rye with lowfat cc 2 Tab.
S- apple
L- salad, tuna, croutons, veggies a little ch. and lowfat dressing 70 cals.
D-?
s- BEFORE MY WORKOUT 1 FIBER ONE BAR 140 CAL. Helps me not strave and over due when I get home.
Workout plans: treadmill 25 min. machines 20 min. swim 20 min.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #35  

Carol, I'm so excited about your trip! That's a good, long stay. Little Knotty will be pleased to meet his wonderful grandma. I read your post jsut before heading to the drugstore so I bought l-lysine, along with some zinc and Oscillo. I felt a bit flu-y this morning so I want to nip whatever this is in the bud!

Nikki, isn't TOM frustrating? I have been blessed by not having a lot of classic TOM symptoms, but the week before I'm usually ravenous (major, major sweet tooth), then retaining water the week of. I'm trying to tell myself that this doesn't mean that I have to feel and act fat for half of every month...

I'm feeling better than I did this morning, so I'm going to try to get home a little earlier tonight so I can ride the ExBike or walk on the treadmill. I had eggs w/salsa, two corn tortillas and buttermilk, for b-fast; tofu and grape tomatoes for morning snack; a cup of lentil-spinach soup, a veggie burger w/cheese and a pickle for lunch, and snow peas with crab-artichoke dip for afternoon snack. I'm having tilapia and veggies for dinner. If I work out for at least 30 minutes, I'll have dessert, too! I've been de-emphasizing beef, pork and poultry, and it's not so hard. Sometimes I have a little beef or chicken if I eat out, but as long as I keep my freezer and frig stocked with healthy options, it's going smoothly. Honestly, I don't know how the vegans do it! They must spend even more time thinking about food than we do

judy
Old 01-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day all you lovely ladies, you all sound in good spirits which is great to see.

I,m not doing to bad after giving myself a good stern talking to, I,m taking my DGS home on Tuesday and hope to get my treadmill then, at the moment I,m doing 30mins on the indoor bike and some Pilates workouts for 30mins they are done with theses resistance type bands I,m doing this every other day.
B- coffee, a banana and some sultana,s
L- tuna and crispbreads and a glass of ginger beer
D- it is very hot here downunder so I,m going for a seafood salad, and a weight watchers ice cream.
Take care everyone bye for now

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #37  

Juls - Sounds like you have it down. Good job on the exercise.

Judy- Tom is the death of me every month. Especially when trying to get back on track. The scale just doesnt budge or budges in the wrong way.

Carol- Congrats again on the baby !

I was not the best eating wise last night I had 4 small chicken cutlets and a piece of eggplant for dinner. the rest of the day I was real good I had eggs poached for breakfast and lunch I had a chicken cutlet and veggies. So maybe the calories evened out I doubt it though. Nights are hardest for me because mom stresses me out and the instinct is to eat. Oh well another day right. As for exercise it hurts to move riht now so I haven't exercised since Wednesday. Wednesday after I worked out I could not turn my neck to the right more then 2 degrees. It is slowly getting better but still hurts.

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 01-11-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #38  

Nikki, I'm sorry that you're having so much discomfort--it must be a real pain in the neck --or have you heard that one already? I hope you're feeling spry again soon.

Juls, tell me again what "sultanas" are. Fruit, maybe?

I'm feeling better today. That borderline "I'm coming down with something" feeling is gone, and only the remnants of Jolene, my cold sore, remain. Yes, I named the growth on my lip....I think the Abreva and the l-lysine (thanks, Carol!) is helping kill Jolene off more quickly than usual.

When my energy level went up, so did my carb cravings. I worked out Friday morning and ate on program most of the day, but I basically had lunch again for dessert. Today is better. I did 45 minutes on the ExBike, had a protein shake for late breakfast, scrambled eggs, veggies and V8 Juice for lunch, and a Balance bar for afternoon snack. I'm having a big salad for dinner.

Tomorrow I go to New York for two days, so if you don't hear from me, that'll be why. I hope everyone is doing well and still on a Fresh Start high!

judy

Last edited by judydc; 01-12-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #39  

Judy- I am lad you are feeling better. My neck is slowly starting to get better. Monday I will o back to working out.Enjoy your trip to NY
Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #40  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, wow you all have been busy posting. Thursday's ski day was fun although our googles kept icing up as it was wet snowing. We still had a good time. Costco bit my wallet a big one... Yesterday was horrible at work. If I could have, I'd have quit. But that was yesterday, today is weekend.

Today is puppy day. We planned a good walk, a trip to the vet, and then a trip to the pet store where they could go in shopping. The walk was great. My new boot cleats are making walking on the ice/snow safe. The vet - Kodiak has a severe ear infection. Not a surprise once I figured it out earlier this week. And the pet store was a blast. Apparently I have beautiful dogs. I was stopped everywhere. I forget how majestic and beautiful they are - I just see how loving and wonderful they are. They had a blast at the store. They saw ferrets, mice, rats (icky) and lots of goodies their mommy bought them. People played with them and they thought they were in heaven. Then I came back and did most of our taxes. DH forgot to give m his W-2s so I have no idea what the bottom line is since only my W2 is in there fro income. Right now, it looks excellent but I'm thinking his earnings will knock us up a bracket or two or fifty...

Nikki, I hope your neck is getting better. Do you know what you did to it when you were exercising?

Judy, enjoy your trip to NYC. I thought of you when I was doing the TurboTax questions. One of the credits is a first time home buyer in DC. See you'll get a credit on your taxes.

Carol, wow, that's a long trip. You're almost moving in with your new DGS.

Penny, definitely loads of snow. Loads and loads with more coming down as I type. BUT, tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy. Guess where I'm going...skiing of course. With a friend from work as DH is working this weekend.

Juls, you need to give that stern talking to me as well. I'm in a sweet tooth fairy costume as I type. Munching seems to make the taxes easier. See how I can rationalize????

As I mentioned, tomorrow is ski day and so might be Monday. If it's now snowing, it'll be great fun as I'll be able to see where I'm going.

And this afternoon my Packers are playing. Here's wishing them good luck!!!!

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 01-12-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #41  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Looks like the Packers won! I see they played in a total snowstorm. I'm glad for you, even though they beat our 'local' team. I love to see all the happy doggies in Petsmart. The scents and sounds must be wonderful for them and everyone makes a fuss of them. I feel sorry for the poor puppies and kitties on adoption day each Saturday. Last week there was a Bassett Hound with the saddest eyes. I'd love to adopt them all, but I'm sure a lot of them find homes. Sorry you had a lousy day at work, hopefully next week will be better. You deserved a tasty treat for doing your tax work - I'm glad my DH is in charge of that.

Nikki - I hope your neck is feeling better. Don't let you Mom get you down. Just think about how nice it will be to move out in March!

Judy - I'm glad you managed to kill off "Jolene" I hope you have a good trip to the Big Apple.

Carol - You must be so looking forward to your trip to Hawaii to see your DGS & family - I wish I could come too!

Hey Juls - I'll settle for 160 and J-Lo's behind too! I agree, arthritis and bursitis are a b**ch but we will tough it out and do our exercise anyway! I hope you enjoy your new treadmill. I think treadmills are great for us gals with arthritis since we're already at home if our foot/hip/knee gives out!. There's nothing worse than going for a long walk and coming up lame half way and having to hobble back.

I've been staying on track calorie-wise and have been trying different veggies and types of fish. We picked up some Skate fish at the Japanese market today so will try that for lunch tomorrow. We used to sometimes have skate and chips in England when I was a kid. It was a cheaper fish than cod and it has rubbery bones, but very tasty. It's actually the fins of a stingray. I also bought some unusual mushrooms and made an omelet for dinner. My DH kept asking if they were "special" mushrooms, but so far we're not having any hallucinations!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #42  

Hi everyone- Well after a so so week of eating better but not great I am ready to commit to this again. I woke up this morning and rode the mike for 5.5 miles (30 minutes). My goal for today is to drink 128 ounces of water in addition to the exercise. I am going to start with small goals.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Nikki
Old 01-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #43  

Well girls my flu like symptons got the best of me thurs. fri and most of saturday. I made some great chicken soup and made my homemade polish drop noodles from my childhood days. Everyone here loved the soup but said it was just right on salt oops on my part most likely put too much in if they said its right! At any rate I just had a little bowl as I was into the brownies I made for the kids visit to grams today. Thought they could take the leftovers for school snacks this week. I am trying to contribute in little ways as my SonIL might get laid off from his plant which could shut down perm. Oh so sad if that happens here in CNY it will make such an impact in everyones lifes its a big plant etc... Oh how worried they must be. So a little choc. might help just a little I guess. At anyrate I have now moved over to the soup and ready to make some yummy tea for me. I feel better today of course after misplacing my bank card and scaring myself halt to death what an awful feeling. At any rate my hubby found it on the bench near our door going to the outside must of set it down last night thank G Bear didn't munch on that! I am taking the kids to visit their aunt and uncle while the parents attending calling hrs. for a bit. Doing wash and cleaning my office area in my house and did the car today this 40's weather is great.
Nikki add some hot tea to your day say 2 times its suppose to help us lose faster hey anything is worth a try. Good idea on the plan. Me too gotta keep going no stopping just cause we mess up part of our day. Thats what I do sometimes think oh well already did it in. NO thats not good.
Penny I will enjoy every min. I am on the ground of HI and spending time with the kids and gs. Can't wait.
Jud your food ideas look great. Ever try fish taco's I did in HI and not bad. I was thinking of trying to create some for me here.
Glad yah mentioned the eggs with salsa its been awhile sounded good. Gotta do a breakfast dinner someday this week. Tues is swim night / exercise. I am thinking of a walk later hope to fit it in.
Marie I am getting my tax stuff together thank goodness its only one time a yr. who knows if we will get anything back I am not counting on it but wouldn't it be great? Yah HI will be fun walking on the beaches taking the little guy for a stroll here and there down to the town center. Having folks ck him out and be so proud to say yah he's my gs. Just can't wait.
Well made the hubby his blueberry pie today too. Oh now I will be having some of that but will becareful on only a small piece. The family will help chow that one down too. Thats a good thing. I love to bake but it is tough to stay out of it all together.
Juls I think we are all in the same boat around here wanting to get are wt. off lets keep moving and grooven!!!!
Back to tracking my intakes on monday off for the weekend only cause I wasn't feeling good I guess just lazyness on my part.
Take care all.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #44  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just split off the 2008 posts from your very long thread and closed it. When threads get that long, it slows down loading for folks with dial-up.

If you want to see more than 20 posts per page, check out the Forum Help - Frequently Asked Questions.

Keep on truckin'.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 AM   #45  

Hi girls- Penny thanks for sending the link to the next thread. I hope everyone finds us over here