Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #46  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I did some treadmill work last night and this morning it was the 3 mile WATP with 3 pound weights. I also stepped on the scale and lost 2.8 pounds! I am doing the happy dance!

Have a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was a day off for me. First in over a week so I kept reminding myself it wasn't a big deal LOL Today I did the entire 5 mile challenge walk from the 5 mile DVD I used all the boosters. That was a workout!!!

Marie, yep, I use my albuterol before exercising. I don't always have to, but when I have a cold, I absolutely have to. I think things are getting better, my chest isn't so tight so hopefully we're on the upswing with this cold thing!
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #48  

Afternoon! Well I started off this morning with a one mile from the watp walk diet. It was rather interesting since the first half mile was with dd in my arms but I still managed to get it done.

Hope your all doing well.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #49  

Hi everyone, and welcome to all you new walkers!

I didn't get online much last week as I was feeling a bit down- I had a sore throat and was pretty tired, and I knew if I didn't take some time out I'd just get much worse. So I kept my exercise pretty low key, a lot of outdoor walking and yoga. I also did a couple of 10 minute workouts from some of the '10 Minute Solutions' DVDs- one was kickboxing and the other was toning for arms with weights.

I'm feeling a bit better now, though not quite out of the woods, so I got back on track with my WATP today with the Walk and Kick.

I hope you are all doing OK
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #50  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

CurlyGrrl -- glad you're feeling a little bit better, there's a lot of "junk" going around.

Today I did the 1 mile get up and get started.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 AM   #51  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Michele, WAY TO GO!!!! You are just cruisin' on that weight loss. Isn't it grand to put some distance between you and the 200 pound mark. I'm dancing with you.

ambabs, just think of the extra calories burned while holding the baby. I did a couple WATP this past spring/summer while holding DGS. Definitely increased the intensity.

Karen, glad you're starting to feel better. Especially since you did the whole 5 miles.

PurdueGirl, thanks for the info. I think you gave me the right clue. You said you always liked the stretching type exercises. I hate them. I never do the cooldown, stretching things at the end of videos because I get bored. Oh so bored. I think that is why I like the 5 miler and the 1 mile jog - no cool downs. So perhaps I'll stop trying to force myself into it.

I walked 2 miles, jogged 1 mile and did the ab lounger before work. When the alarm went off I was in such deep slumber that it took a while to register what was going on. Usually I'm pretty much awake on my own and I was disoriented for about a half hour. So I chose a little easier exercise.

Well off to bed. I'll chat with you all tomorrow night.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #52  

Hi all,
I am new. Tammy invited me over from the introduction board (hi Tammy!). Here is my story in it's condensed version. I am 41 with 3 children (SAHM). My weight has always been an issue in my life (I went on Atkins at 9 and was a chubby kid). I have been on many diets, but sort of regulated myself and found peace in my weight in adulthood--even after having my kids.

Then, quite suddenly at 33 I discovered I was postmenopausal. That was a shock, to say the least. I mean, yes I was having a million hotflashes a day and my period was long gone, but I still did not suspect--because who thinks that? Through blood tests I found I had premature ovarian failure, and that explained why I had suddenly gained 12 pounds in just a few months after being stable for years. I still was in a healthy weight range, so I just sort of accepted it, but did try different diets along the way. It is *really* hard to lose weight postmeno (at least for me).

Then last year I developed hives--really badly. Full body hives for many, many months. I found out it was due to exposure to cold, but they also come up everyday if I don't take antihistamines. I went on Prednisone and hydroxyzine (a very strong antihistamine that really makes you sluggish) and gained 15 pounds. Suddenly I was not lounging in the 130's any more--I had this sparetire around my middle and was pushing 150. I went off the Prednisone, but darned if the weight did not come off! Can you believe that? Me either--so not fair, that evil drug!

I am not looking to go back to my 120's--I will be perfectly satisfied to be back happily in the 130's. I am not 20 years old anymore, and I need to be careful about bone loss--as I already have osteopena from estrogen loss. I don't want to be perfect, I just want to be a healthier me.

So I have decided to take it slow and steady, and eat around 1400 calories a day, and do one WATP's a day. I have never exercised regularly in my life! I have done the DVD every day this month, which is my all time record! So far I am concentrating on the 2 mile walk. I know it is sort of easy, but I work up a little sweat, and I have not been too sore or too tired to play with my kids after I do it (I can't say that about other forms of exercise!). I don't dread it--I actually kind of like it.

The only thing is that now that I have seen the same one everyday for 8 days, I am noticing funny little quirks with the walkers that I didn't before! But I will save that one for another thread.

Thanks for reading!
Lisa
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #53  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I did the 3 mile ab belt workout this morning! Good to see so many familiar faces and a few new ones, too!

Keep walking!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Lisa!! Always nice to see our little link grow

I did the 3 mile super fat burning walk with 2 lb weights this morning. 23 miles into the new year
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #55  

Hi Lisa!

Well I got in another mile this afternoon. I wish dd would take her long nap in the morning not after dh gets home. I'd love to workout for longer periods of time but hate working out when dh is home. Just don't like being watched unless it's the kids. Oh well at least I'm getting in the one mile each day. It's better than nothing. I've also been doing side steps while rocking the baby. Gee wonder how many miles I do just doing that each day?
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #56  

Thanks Michelle, and welcome Lisa

I did the Walk and Kick workout again today.
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #57  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hello Ladies, just checking in.
Yesterday I did WATP 2 mile and the 20 min Pliates again (I love it!)....today I did WATP 1 mile express and the Pilates Fat Burning! I committed to 10 days of exercising with no rest to kick off my new habit and today I completed my 5th day!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #58  

Thanks for the welcome, guys! Today I did my two mile WATP. I often do it at 4:30, right before making dinner. One benefit is that I use to want to drink a small glass of white wine each night as I prepared dinner, and now that I have been doing my WATP's every day, I don't want it anymore. I just want a big glass of water, instead. I think it is healthier to limit my wine to just the weekends, and had been trying to do that for a while, but found it hard to give up. I would be tired and a little stressed from the day, and the wine sort of relaxed me while cooking. Now I am already relaxed after exercising, and I am thirsty too--so water is what I want. So side benefits are becoming clear!

I am thinking of buying the Walk and Jog, as that is still 30 minutes but a little more intensity. Anyone buy it and want to comment?

Thanks,
Lisa
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #59  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone!

Michelle, I’m glad you’re walking with us again.

Michele, Congrats on the pounds lost! 2.8 lbs is fantastic.

Purduegirl, Welcome. Good for you for making the 10 day commitment.

Karen, Have you recovered from your cold/asthma? If you walked five miles yesterday, you must be.

Marie, You are so active! Is the Ab lounger a new toy by the way?

Hi Ambabs, Welcome to you. I don’t exercise in front of DH either, but I close the door to the bedroom and forbid anyone to set foot in there while I’m exercising. If the kids come in, I make them start walking with me (which usually gets them out really quick.) I’m impressed that you manage to get in even one mile with a two month old. It’s definitely better than nothing.

CurlyGrrl, Hopefully by the time you’re reading this, you’re fully recovered. I got the Walk and Kick DVD over the weekend, but I’ve misplaced it. If I can find it, I’m trying it tomorrow morning.

Hi Lisa, I’m glad you came on over and joined us. I’ve heard others talk about how hard it is to lose weight while on Prednisone. Now that you’re off of it, counting calories, and doing WATP, I’m sure you’ll see results soon. Until 2005, I had never exercised regularly either. It surprised me to discover how good I felt afterwards.

Yesterday I did the two fast miles (23 minutes). This morning I did 20 minutes of resistance training, and then walked at lunch for 25 minutes.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #60  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Lisa, I think we were posting at the same time. I have tried the Walk and Jog, I borrowed it from Netflix. I really liked it. It was more intense with the jogging, as well as getting 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. There was one movement that I found a little awkward. It was a side swing, the equivalent of a sidestep while walking. Maybe it would get more comfortable over time. I only did it for a couple of weeks, alternating with other DVDs.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote