Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

CC-Congratulations! I love seeing everyone's numbers going down!
RockinRobin-I don't know if you're religious at all but I will pray for your husband! Keep your head up girl.
Nalynn-Good job on keeping all of your commitments! And you did very good at the mexican restaurant.. I am impressed. I bet it was pretty tasty too.. I love fajitas!
NESunshine- It sounds like you had a great night, complete with a kiss !! You did so well and I will deffinately be thinking about you next time I have a night out with the friends. That is an unbelievable amount of self control you showed. I hope you rub off on me!

Well, I had a great day yesterday!!! I was sooo happy to be done with my finals and I got in a nice long nap! I got to spend lots of quality time with my boyfriend and I think I rubbed off on him because when supper time rolled around last night instead of suggesting hardees or sonic or mexican food he wanted to go to subway! I was soo happy because while there is still temptations at subway it is so much easier to take the healthy route and it's still yummy I got all of my water and fruit and veggies in yesterday. But one day I didn't do was exercise. But don't worry today is a new day! I'm so happy to have the next few weeks off because I can really focus on my diet and exercise. Maybe by the time next semester rolls around it will be more of a habit.
My commitments:
-Lots of fruits and veggies today!
-Lots of water
-EXERCISE!!!

Good Luck everyone, have a great day!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:42 PM   #47  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Thanks all for the clean eating replies... ha, I was beginning to think that it was a bigger movement than I thought, lol, seeing all the clean eating going on... I'm really looking into the erm... clean eating plan, I did reeally well on BFL, but loaned my book to a co-worker, and never got it back when I left the job :| and that's an EXPENSIVE book lol.

OK, for me... yesterday, not quite all my water, but almost, um, could have done better eating, had a little snack attack, but not nearly as bad as it could have been... I think it was being down in the morning over my back... but, I snapped back, I did try the toning workout on the biggest loser dvd, and made it all the way through, I did isometrics and stretched while they were doing things that would have thrashed my back further... and how bout that finale? w00t! for erik... for all of them, amazing changes... I avoided all sites dieting related bacause I had to record it and watch with hubby when he got off work...lol it was so worth the wait! Oh, and I think it's been 6 months or so since they left the ranch...

Quote:
I think they need to add a prize for the most muscle mass added. Wylie and Marty should have gotten more kudos for that. Brian looked a little emaciated and walked away with $100k...
I told hubby they should have done a body fat measurment, would have been a better indicator, since those 2 became He-Men

Ok, today's Do's.... pick one site to journal at, and stick with it... I spend so much time on the different places I journal, I'm running out of time to actually do anything to journal about...lol

Make shopping list for 2 weeks, so tomorrow when I go shopping, I'm armed and ready.

either bike, or try to get out for a walk for at least 30 mins, and hour if I can make it... still coddling my back a bit, it's not nearly as bad as yesterday though

Uh-oh, today is pizza day... we have no real food here, hubby's payday, and he won't have time to pick me up anything before work, so I have to get takeout (I don't drive, and the closest decent grocery store is miles from here...) Oh guh, now I'm panicking

Looks like everyone is staying (mostly) on track, so w00t for everyone

and good vibes to you and hubby Robin... has he had a full allergy panel done recently? A lot of food allergies, especially wheat and dairy can cause those problems, just a thought, sorry if it's already been checked, or it seems I'm oversimplifying it... it's just somethign that a lot of doctors don't check, just because their patients never had allergies before.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #48  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I hope your husband feels better really soon, Robin! I can only imagine how stressful and scary that can be. I'm sending good thoughts your way...
Old 12-15-2006, 08:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!! Another good report for me. I kept all of my commitments except for juicing again.... but that's because I ate all of the fruits and veggies I needed for the day. So, it was a good day for me

PNG - I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better! I'm way impressed that you were able to do the Biggest Loser toning section while in pain from your back.... that takes commitment!!

Caseygail - Congratulations on being done with your exams!! That's a victory in itself It's also great that you're rubbing off on your boyfriend.... it's so much easier to be good at Subway than at Arbys or McDonalds or something.

NESunshine - It sounds like you had a great night out! I think you did very well considering the circumstances. I think I would have caved with the cupcake bar!! So you still exercised a lot of willpower... and you met a nice guy. Sounds like a victory to me

RockinRobin - It is amazing that you are able to be so committed to your dieting with so much going on in your life. I am so impressed!! It takes so much strength and I am so proud of you

C.C. - I was re-reading your post from yesterday.... I love what you said about eating not being a team sport!! I feel like having bumper stickers made with that on it I know I always feel left out if I'm not eating... why is there so much more attached to food than just giving our bodies the fuel they need?? Anyhow, keep up the great work.... now that your in the 2's, you're on your way to ONEderland

Floridachick - How did you do?? Are you still resisting those broken pastries at work??? That takes a lot of willpower!! You can do it

So, you may see a pattern with my daily commitments again.... but they're working, so here goes:
Get all of my water in
Sweat with the oldies again
Veggies for snacks
Juice again (yum!!)
Take vitamins
Plan a healthy dinner for entertaining on Sunday

Okay, so that's it for now. Good Luck to everyone today!!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #50  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning ladies. I just want to again thank you all for the kind words and good wishes. It is a huge help. We are very much looking forward to this weekend. My daughter is due in later today from college and we will be glad to be all together. Trying to not think about anything else but the moment.

Everyone is doing so well, it's just sooo good to see. Nalynn you were so smart to start this thread. I truly believe it is helping all of us stay commited. And I thank you.

I didn't have a great day yesterday, not terrible, but not great. Probably ate about 1500 calories worth. A couple of pistachio nuts here, a handful of cereal there and so on and so on. Shocker here - could have done better on the exercise. I get so panic-y when I don't stick to plan as if one day is going to set me back to 287 lbs, a place I never want to be again, well duh. I just get afraid that 1 day will turn into 2 and 2 into 3 and ............But I have made progress and that doesn't have to be the case anymore. One day off plan will not spiral into months. I have control over this. I control what goes into my mouth. I overeat, I gain weight. I eat well and exercise, I lose weight. There are so many things in life that we have zero control over, our weight is not one of them. If I don't want to be fat, I don't have to be fat. Sounds simple, well it actually is. It's not rocket science and I know that. I don't have to be fat if I don't want to, it's all up to me, how badly do I really want this? I want it very, very badly and I have a choice and I will lose this weight. Because I have control over it. It is within my power. It's all up to me. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

My commitments:

Get back on plan today, under 1300 calories
Exercise - just do it
Water - drink it, lots
No nibbling, yeah it's time to put that back in
No nibbling, there I said it again
Enjoy this weekend with my family. Take it one day at a time. Make the most of every day, in every way.

Have a stupendous day everyone and thank you for all the support in so many different areas.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone!
Well.... Its official....Yesterday I finished all course work needed to complete my masters degree! I honestly feel like so much stress that has been weighing on me for the past 3 years has been lifted... I could almost float. I went and did my final shop for Boston University goods, decals for the car, Tshirts for my parents, a nice new work out jacket for me!

I went out to celebrate, at the local watering hole which has served as a partial home and crutch while pursuing this degree. I enjoyed a diet coke, only stayed 45 minutes, and never touched all the appetizers they got (including fully loaded nachos and sweet potato fries)....none of which even interested me. I hugged my friends, some who are traveling back to their far away corners of the world, and the regulars....who I guess I have become one of, and the bartenders....two of the greatest...and cutest brothers in the business and told them I'd stop by to say hello in a couple of months.

I'm very relieved but also a bit sad as well. I've always felt that my life has been in sections....chapters....little mini books, and last night I closed a chapter and am fully ready to take the next step forward. I've already got a jump start too so that is exciting! I'm also feeling that I've made it through the rough part of December as far as outings and parties go. My shows are all running and I've done my part, all the school and company parties are over etc. The actual holidays themselves will be a breeze for me, I'll be up in Maine with my parents....and my mother is on board with the healthy kick and I'll be doing most of the cooking. There are no phones, tv, etc. up there so I'll be able to get out and go for long hikes, maybe even jobs. A week of that is just what the doctor ordered to kick off the new year in the right place.

Alright for today
1. I will celebrate full out....at the gym after work
2. Veggies and Fruit...they have been low the past couple of days
3. I will do my house cleaning tonight too so that I can have time to get out and be active over the weekend...its warm again in Massachusetts ...gotta take it when we get it.
4. I will smile
5. I will do my holiday shopping...and use that as a way to get a walk in (park far away from the mall, take the long route and the stairs etc)

I absolutely have to get some work done today so I can't respond to everyone individually but I just wanted to send some of my good mojo to the lovley RockinRobin and her husband and wish your daughter safe travels home!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #52  
3 + years maintaining

And Sunshine, I just want to wish you all the best and continued success and growth and much happiness as you head into the next chapter of your life.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello all! I had a really good day yesterday! I kept all of my commitments and didn't nibble on anything. I had lots of fruits and veggies and all of my water. I cleaned my grandmother's entire house and felt like I got a pretty good work out, but I made the decision to go ahead and go for my walk anyway . I love my walks, I have lots of time to think. Every once in a while I find myself smiling to myself. I'm thinking who is this person?? I can't believe how well I'm doing! And I'm sticking to it, I'm so determined. I'm sorry if it sounds vain but I really am proud of myself!! I can't wait to weigh myself on Monday!!

Nalynn-good job on your fruits and veggies. Somtimes I feel like I have to force feed myself! Fruits and veggies aren't my favorite but my new motto is "eat to live, don't live to eat"

rockinrobin-you are doing good! Keep your head up; you deffinately have the right attitude. Just remind yourself throughout the day how much you want this, you will be fine!

Sunshine- CONGRATULATIONS! I can only imagine how good that feels. That is a major accomplishment. And good job resisting all of those yummy appetizers at your watering hole. You do so good when you go out; I really need to work on this area. Any tips on how you resist the temptation? I know after you do so many times, it just becomes habit. But man, when you are out with your friends and they're all indulging in drinks and yummy food and you're just eating a nice little salad it's kind of depressing. It does kind of make me feel like I know somthing they don't though lol. I'm thinking "yeah you just wait until I'm hot" haha.

my commitments-
-same ol same ol: stay in my calorie range, drink lots of water, go for my walk
-but MAINLY: be good when we go out tonight.
-Keep in mind how close I am to the 160's
-Every once in awhile feel of your jeans and remember how loosley they are fitting, and how good that feels

Good luck ladies!! I can't thank you enough for the encouraing comments everyday... I couldn't make it w/o the support!!
Old 12-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #54  
Never want to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
But I have made progress and that doesn't have to be the case anymore. One day off plan will not spiral into months. I have control over this. I control what goes into my mouth. I overeat, I gain weight. I eat well and exercise, I lose weight. There are so many things in life that we have zero control over, our weight is not one of them. If I don't want to be fat, I don't have to be fat. Sounds simple, well it actually is. It's not rocket science and I know that. I don't have to be fat if I don't want to, it's all up to me, how badly do I really want this? I want it very, very badly and I have a choice and I will lose this weight. Because I have control over it. It is within my power. It's all up to me. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.
Hopefully this will make you laugh, Robin... I was reading your awesome self-pep talk above when an ad for the new Rocky movie came on with the Rocky music blaring! I suddenly was picturing you running up the stairs throwing air punches and dancing with your fists in the air. Very inspirational!

And I'm so happy for you, NESunshine, for finishing your degree, for being so strong at the bar, and for realizing that you have made such a strong start here. Wow! Maine sounds lovely and peaceful. I hope you have a fantastic time! Oh yeah, and the kiss - good for you!

Nalynn, you get a woo-hoo too for another great day!! And I'll take one of those bumper stickers!

PNG, how did you do with pizza day? Don't forget most pizza places also have salads you can get too! A slice of cheese pizza and some salad with low-fat italian dressing helps sometimes when you're feeling trapped into a pizza dinner. I, for one, can put away a huge pizza all by myself, so I avoid them at all costs.

Casey Gail, congrats on your finals being done! It tickled me to read about you smiling to yourself. You SHOULD be proud of what you've done!

I realized I forgot to post my goals today. Whoopsie. So far so good though, eating well (went to a Christmas lunch and had a salad with chicken and turned down the piping hot sourdough bread that I love). I made it 18 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I thought I'd try adding a minute a day; but I'm not sure how many times I can do that and still live to tell the tale.

Anyway, hang in there fellow committers! I think you all are so inspirational; it lifts my spirits to see you all plugging along at this from all corners of the country! It definitely makes me feel less alone in all of this...
Old 12-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #55  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Whew... Busy, busy day! close to 2 hours of shopping, then going to play kitchen cosmetology for a friend going to a Christmas party tonight... would have been ok yesterday, if it weren't for the hubby bringing in one of my biggest binge foods home for me :| Meunster Cheese... guh... it's calling to me, even now. We ended up not having pizza last night, hubby squeezed in a small trip to the store... ended up with hamburgers and muenster (evilevil ) and crisscut fries... I cooked and drained the heck out of the burger, skipped the fries and made green and yellow beans, and completely went wacko on the cheese I did workout though, took out one of my old bellydance workouts... forgot how much fun those are... and only got about half of my water in...

Today we went shopping, and I have to say, did AWESOME. The only junky food in the house is 100 cal packs of reese's mix, and Sandies, and a 10 pack of 100 cal packs of popcorn, 5 regular and 5 kettle I got lots of fish, and skinless chicken, and extra lean ground beef, and loads of veggies. Hubby has to take it now, he's signed up for a fitness challenge at work... I guess he COULD argue that it doesn't start until the 9th of next month, but...too bad lol.

Nalynn... yay, I got a dancy thing! w00t! The back is much better now... I tend to muscle througha lot of back and hip pain... with the fibro, if I didn't, I'd never move again, so I kinda know where I can push it... it's just a matter of pushing past the brain cripple to do it

Robin...great ramble... you can ramble like that for me any day... i want to go like... jog or something now (I definitely wouldn't survive that )

Sunshine... and a big w00t to you And that holiday... sounds heavenly... lol, what I wouldn't give for a nice...quiet holiday!

caseygail... Not vain at all, you have a right to be proud, and your excitement is contagious

CC, pass up sourdough... someone should give you an award, lol, you're way stronger than me... I could not, and probably would slap anyone who suggested I try...lol the I'm with you on that minute a day thing... trying to get back where I should be with my bike... I was doing REALLY well, able to do an hour or more... then I got whooping cough, and I never seemed to get my breath all the way back after that.

Omgosh... did I just get everyone? Did I, did I?? If I didn't I'm so sorry if I missed ya, my eyes are starting to cross...
Old 12-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #56  
3 + years maintaining

Good morning everyone!!

Oh PNG I know what you mean about jogging, not really an option right now.

Yes CC it did make me laugh! Although I was rambling I'm telling you it's how I feel. I know there are different circumstances that lead us to obesity, some worse then others and that we don't always have control over, but the bottom line is we do have control as to what we eat. So all the outside forces aside, it is within our power to change our weight. And that's a good thing.
And I am just thrilled for you with your elliptical progress. You must be so darn proud of yourself. I know I'm really proud of ya. And your food choices and you're just getting it all together!!

Caseygail, you are doing so well and you certainly have every right to be proud of yourself!!!! It is so important to see the good that you are doing.

Nalynn you didn't post since my last post, didn't want to leave you out though - I hope you are doing well, I'm sure you are, you veggie loving-fruit discovering lady.

I had a really good day yesterday, food and exercise wise. I was so very happy to see my daughter who says that since Thanksgiving I got even "skinnier". That word still cracks me up. She was exhausted from dealing with finals and I think she fell asleep around 4:00, I woke her up for dinner and then she went to bed pretty soon after, but it's good to have the whole family intact regardless.

Check out this very motivational statement that someone passed on to me:

I believe in the ability to change my health, my attitude and my life. I am worthy of the best that life has to offer and today I have the opportunity to get closer to realizing my dreams and goals!

I thought that was just a great statement, I'm even thinking of making it my signature. It kinda goes back to the we are in control thing and we have the choice and it's within our power. I know I'm rambling again. But I really think this is something we need to be reminded of often.

Today's commitments:

Lots of water
Food within 1400 calories, going to a family gathering at the in-laws or the outlaws as I like to call them, Food not an issue I think I mentioned this before MIL lousy, lousy cook which is great for me, for everyone else - not so much
Exercise - I'd like to get in a walk today, perhaps with my daughter (s)
Lighten up on myself, no need to "speed" diet, Lord knows there's no monatary prize given for fastest removal of fat.
Enjoy today.

Have a great and wonderful and healthy day everyone.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #57  

Happy Saturday All
Wow, I slept in today for the first time in over a year. I try to but no matter what everyday I'm up by 7 at the latest....I definatly slept until 10! Now I'm whiping up a healthy breakfast and sipping Saturday morning coffee! Its so strange not having to rush to get through my weekend tasks so I can get to the schoolwork...kinda nice. I figure I'll hang out for another hour or so then its off to the gym for as long as I want then time to dance through the grocery store perhaps!

Rockinrobin...Love the motivational statement! And keep up the rambling its great! I know what its like to not be tempted by family members food....every time my mother bakes anything I run for the hills its so terrible!

PNG...you go with opting for beans...stepping away from the fries is a HUGE step! Also rock on stocking up with the 100 calorie packs!

CLC...Hang in there with that elliptical! You can do it. What willpower passing up that sourdough!

Casey... Isn't it amazing what a workout housecleaning can give you .... and how walks suddenly can give you back your 'me' time ...rock on!

Alright well here goes for today....I'm gonna start including some regular daily commitiments as well cause I want to start to incorporate my everyday life with my food commitiments, I think it will help me in the long run to not keep it all separate.

1. GYM....for however long I want. I'll probably spend 1-2 hours...1 hr on the elliptical and then 30 minutes abs 30 minutes weights

2. Its grocery shopping day....lots of veggies, no embarassing dancing to my ipod down the aisles.

3. AHHHH I really need to get on that christmas card writing

4. Redo all my playlists ... time to mix up my workout music

5. Begin loading all of my recipies into a database in my computer so I can have them at my fingertips and can start trying some new dishes with healthy substitutes!

Oh ya, and for anyone that red my post yesterday about the attack of the office birthday cake...this is how it played out. I work in a small office so they all know at this point about me trying to lose weight and I immediatly got bombarded with the...'just shut up and have some cake', 'its for december birthdays and your one of them, just celebrate' and my favorite...'forget about your diet its the holidays, just eat everything in sight' ...and after that who wants to listen to it. I let them put a sliver on my plate with me and had a bite...did a lot of licking an empty fork and pushed it around alot until it melted (ice cream cake....cold stone creamery cookie dough ice cream cake...damn) at that point it blended in with the plate and at lest looked like I had eaten some so they left me alone. I'm thankful that there won't be another one on my actual birthday...they combined everyone from this month onto one day.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 AM   #58  
Never want to go back!

Hello all!

I was running late for an appointment with a client this morning, so I didn't get my commitments posted, but I've been holding steady with the consistent biggies (eating, exercise, liquids, vitamins).

Today was a good day. I am so loving the challenge of ordering at a restaurant! I secretly feel happy when I can "out healthy" my healthy friends. I had a rough patch after I spent about an hour tonight looking for recipes for Christmas dinner, which almost brought on a binge. Seriously, I was salivating and dying to eat anything and everything. I tried to watch a movie to take my mind off food, then I tried going to sleep, then I got up and got on the ellipse at about 11PM. That killed the cravings. Whew! And I made it to 20 minutes to boot! That was the closest I've been to a binge since I started this in November. Scary.

I have a dinner party tomorrow night, so wish me luck! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:29 AM   #59  
3 + years maintaining

Good morning ya'll!!

Oh I hear you loud and clear, CC. Skimming over recipes and the such bring on huge cravings for me as well. Yes, it really is scary. I wonder if that will ever stop? But you got through it, simply marvelous. You are such an inspiration! And then you got on Mr. elliptical - fantastic. And it's like eating out for you has become a game to find healthy choices, very cool indeed. You most definitely have your head in the "right place". I'm so happy for you!

Sunshine, sounds like you handled the office-cake-shoving-upon very well. WTG. And I'm glad you're enjoying a leisurely weekend.

PNG, yup cheese is a toughy for me as well.

Yesterday's commitments went very well for the most part. I went to MIL for a big family get together, my DH is one of 5. And like I predicted the food was vile looking, even worse then ususal. I had a teensy, tinsy bit of salad. But got home absolutely RAVENOUS. So at about 11:45 at night I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean, which filled me but did not satisfy me so I then ate a 60- calorie Jello pudding and it was yummy. Now of course it's past midnight and I started to feel guilty for eating so darn late. So I went on to exercise for about 25 mins. As much as we try to stay on plan, things do arise to take us off course. So be it. On to today:

Drink lots of water
Eat under 1300 calories, Sunday night is my carb night, I'll probably be making baked ziti and a salad. My daughter that is home from school loves, loves, loves baked ziti. I will (hopefully) have a small portion of the ziti, huge portion of the salad.
Exercise, including a walk.
No nibbling
Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food.

Have a terrific Sunday everyone.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #60  

Wow, quiet in here this weekend...those holidays must be getting close! Yesterday went well, made it to the gym for 1hr45min then went to the grocery store....well you know that old saying don't shop when you're hungry...well it was way past lunch when I was shopping and I was starving which made it really difficult but it was still a success....the old me would have bought a big bag of doritos or something gooey from the bakery and eat half of them in the car on the way home...instead I hit the salad bar while I was waiting on line at the deli. I filled up a takeout dish with lettuce tomatoes peppers and other salad goods and topped it with some grilled chicken, skipped the cheese, crutons and dressing. When I got through the store and back to my car I nibbled on the veggies while I drove home. I know it breaks one of my rules to eat in my car but i figure if i'm gonna break that rule, better a tomatote than a patato chip! I got all my holiday cards done, my apartment cleaning done and all my laundry done so I'm ahead of the game today.

CC. ya.....recipies.... bringing on cravings.... I hear ya! Good job resisting!

Robin. I end up eating late pretty often. If I have a show or even go to the gym after work it sometimes ends up being 10:00pm before I get around to dinner and it isn't making a huge difference, i just make sure I keep it light if its late. I wouldn't pay any mind to it, you kept it light and got some extra activity in. Also think about it, if you hadn't eaten and went to bed hungry imagine #1 how bad your sleep would have been and #2 i don't know about you but I may have wreaked serious havoc on the fridge via mindless hunger driven stargaze at 3am!

Alright here goes for today...
1. Water..I tend to skimp more on the weekends for some reason.
2. calories...I tend to splurge more on the weekends for some reason
3. Healthy cooking...I only have 4 days that my office is open before we close until after new years...I will make enought healthy food to get me through all 4, no lean cuisines this week!
4. Gym again...gym gym gym
5 work more on importing my recipes!

Alright that should be enough for today
Good luck all
L
Closed Thread