Old 03-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #1  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Default Warm Chocolate Cakes with Coffee Creme Anglaise

I got this recipe from SELF magazine but it's really from Canyon Ranch spa.
makes 4, 139 calories ea (based on using white sugar)

Sauce

1/3 cup 2% milk [I used skim -- could also use evaporated skim or 1% milk]
4 tsp sugar [use Splenda, an equal amount of Stevia, etc.]
1 1-inch piece of vanilla bean(may substitute tsp of vanilla extract in a pinch)
4 tsp brewed coffee
1 egg yolk

Bring first (4) ingredients to a simmer in a medium pan over medium heat, stirring continuously. remove vanilla bean; scrape seeds into sauce. Place egg yolk in bowl and mix in 2 tbl of hot milk mixture. Mix well and add back to pan. cook 1 minute. Stir. Remove from heat; cool. cover and refrigerate.

cakes

1 egg, separated
2 tbl sugar [use Splenda, an equal amount of Stevia, etc.]
1/4 chopped bittersweet chocolate or bittersweet chips [This is fine in P2, but in P1, you need to use unsweetened chocolate and increase the sweetener to compensate]
7 tsp of nonfat plain yogurt

Beat egg white in a bowl with electric mixer til foamy. Add 1/2 tsp sugar, continue beating on high, add (5) more 1/2 tsp increments of sugar until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat egg yolk with remaining 1 tbl suar until think. Melt choclate in double boiler or microwave. Remove from heat; stir in yogurt; add to egg yolk mixture. Fold in egg white mixture. Cover; refrigerate at least an hour. Heat oven to 325. Coat 4 molds in muffin tin with cooking spray; pour in batter. bake 12 min or until cake springs back when touched. Cool slightly.

Pour 2 tbl sauce on each of 4 plates; put 1 cake on top of each.

This comes out as a very rich fancy dessert, great for company and perfect b/c it only makes 4.

Last edited by beachgal; 06-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I made these for dessert today, and they were delicious! I served them with a scoop of NF frozen vanilla yogurt. Even my DIL, who is a very fussy eater, liked them. I liked the fact that they were easy to make and called for ingredients that we normally already have on hand. Thanks for sharing this!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #3  

I just made these for our desert when my parents visit tomorrow. Of course, since it made 4, I need to "test" one tonight! YUM!!! None of us like coffee-flavored items, so I replacede the coffee with sugar-free chocolate-raspberry syrup (like Davinci syrup, but another brand.) My cakes stuck to the pans a bit. I also served with a drop of SF Cool Whip. Very good and decadent desert!! (BTW, I used the Splenda- same amt as sugar.)
wonderlin is offline   Reply With Quote