Nut butter challenge

• Hello Everyone,

I am looking for neat and creative ways to add more nut butters to my diet so I am doing a challenge on my blog this week. Can anyone help me and give me some ideals on how to add nut buttere to recipe?? I already did smoothies and toast. I need help....
  • That's a great idea - I seem to be in a rut where I only use peanut butter, and somehow only in one particular recipe. Lately I've been making thai peanut sauce (if you google it millions of options come up, I usually try to pick the one I already have the most ingredients for) and putting that either tossed with noodles, veggies, and tofu/tempeh (sometimes stir-fried, sometimes I'll just cook the noodles and tofu and keep all the veggies raw) or using it as a sauce on a veggie pita or tortilla for lunch. It's delicious! I also love just having it on hand to dip carrots and celery in.

Other than that, I use a tablespoon of peanut butter in my oatmeal when I get bored with fruit (I do overnight oats because otherwise I would never manage to eat breakfast before class).

I'm interested to hear other responses, I've never quite figured out how to integrate almond and other nut butters into my diet!
  • I usually add almond butter or peanut butter to my oatmeal in the morning (usually a teaspoon). I also like to add two teaspoons of almond butter to a quarter of a cup of plain yogurt and then use it as a dip for carrots, celery or apples.
  • this from an online article about fatty foods that are good for you "Almonds contain compounds that limit the amount of fat absorbed by the body, so some passes through undigested. Try stirring almond butter into your oatmeal, spreading it on toast with banana slices, or eating a couple spoonfuls as a snack. "
    I made some peanut butter using the ninja blender, DH has been just eating a spoonful once in awhile for a snack, and he does sometimes just get a banana and a scoop of peanut butter and kind of dips the banana in the peanut butter.
    I saw some recipes for peanut sauce using the homemade, I'll see if I can find it again and see what other ideas they had.
    best to all

I googled homemade peanut butter and found this site called loveveggiesandyoga, there's a link to peanut butter recipes (I'm sure you could use any nut butter, might have a slightly different taste) he or she has about 40 recipes on that page, sauce, granola bars, etc. you could probably mix some of your nut butter with some granola and make a quick kind of granola bar, choosing low fat or whatever kind of granola you like...