Does anyone use Sam's Club?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Not to play devil's advocate, but will you really drive an hour for groceries weekly? If you're looking at it as an option for produce, you likely won't be able to stock up in one trip for a while.. I know myself. I'll drive 30 minutes to Whole Foods or Trader Joes MAYBE once a month, but I tend to go to the Cub across the street 90% of the time despite preferring even the 5 minute away Rainbow.

IDK, that's just my two cents.. No matter how great the deals, if you're not going to waste that much time driving there to use it, it's worthless. Plus, what are those 2 hours of your life (driving there and back) worth, you know?
  • Quote: Not to play devil's advocate, but will you really drive an hour for groceries weekly? If you're looking at it as an option for produce, you likely won't be able to stock up in one trip for a while.. I know myself. I'll drive 30 minutes to Whole Foods or Trader Joes MAYBE once a month, but I tend to go to the Cub across the street 90% of the time despite preferring even the 5 minute away Rainbow.

IDK, that's just my two cents.. No matter how great the deals, if you're not going to waste that much time driving there to use it, it's worthless. Plus, what are those 2 hours of your life (driving there and back) worth, you know?
    I live about 30 minutes from our Sams and we only go there once or MAYBE twice a month. We stock up the first part of the month w/ meats, cheeses, etc and occasionally we have to go back later in the month for shampoo, toilet paper, etc.

It's definitely worth it. As long as you've got the freezer space, you can easily stock up on meats and freeze them for later use.
  • I have a 2 person houshold and still shop at them I have two homes both very rural so bulk shop and freeze. I have learned to buy what holds up and I also eat fairly clean. I either shop at SAMS club or a Costco and my other stoer is a Walmart now if I can not find what I need I will go to another chain store but they are way more$$$$$. I use to be in the grocery industry.
    I buy at SAMS or COSTCO
    Paper goods
    Frozen Chiccken Breasts
    Frozen Salmon
    Frozen Maui Maui
    Frozen Cod
    Frozen Hamburger Patties
    Frozen Salmon Patties
    Frozen Turkey Patties
    Fresh MEATS
    Baby Spinch {BEST PRICES}
    Tomatoes
    Apples
    Grapes
    Fruits

They have great deals on clothes and food prepaed and canned I usually don't use much they have cerals soups ect.
  • I buy the giant tubs of organic spring mix and spinach for $3.98, which is half of what the supermarkets charge. I share it with my son so it doesn't have a chance to go bad and we buy it weekly.

I also buy their portabella mushrooms. They cost 3.99 for a 4 pack and they are always the hardest mushrooms in town. Perfect

We buy frozen fruit and vegetables from Sams.

They do have cheap canned/jarred products but the vast majority of them are highly processed. We don't even go down those aisles anymore. It's amazing - and sad - how much junk food they sell.