Share A Link To Your Diet Blog If you are a dieter and are blogging your way to success, please share a link to your diet blog here for others to visit! This is not a place for blogging, just for posting links to your personal blog outside of 3FC.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/239/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Default Life's An Etude

Hi everyone,

Im a 25 year old consultant living in the 'burbs of Washington DC. I'm about 5'7" and weighed in at 246lbs one month ago yesterday. So far I've lost seven pounds.

I'm really lucky in that I have a strong support system around me, but I've decided to start a blog as an additional level of accountability. My friends are great, but who wants to be around someone who is always talking about their weight, food issues, and exercise regimine? I refuse to be That Girl!!

My blog has been such a great stress reliever for me--when I have something great happen, I can't wait to get home and blog about it. When I have a bad day, I can pour that frustration into a post instead of rippng into a bag of Oreos (though it's definitely not as tasty!)

I chose Life's An Etude for a special reason. Back in college, I sang opera for a few years, and fell in love with the idea of an etude. In music, an etude is a full work composed for development reasons. The most commonly known would be 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star,' aka "Variations" by Mozart. As I've matured, I've realized that my biggest successes occur when my goal is to just be better at something. My whole life is about being better than I was the day before, hence, Life's An Etude!

Please feel free to read and comment on any posting you'd like!

www.lifesanetude.wordpress.com
Etudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #2  
Ceci n'est pas une fille.

S/C/G: 175/130/115

Height: 5'4

Yay, a fellow classical singer!!
Ma Petite is offline   Reply With Quote