Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 PM   #1  
Wen I'm thin fat'll be in

S/C/G: 162.8/156.2/143 (pounds)

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default coconut or not?

I would love to have this as a vegetable...
some cabbage, stir fried with a little coconut grating - is this ok on phase 1???coconut's ok ...or???
also... is this vegetable allowed on phase i??
http://images.google.co.in/images?cl...=Search+Images

Please reply
Old 10-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #2  

Hi Soulmia...hmmm, Coconut is not really addressed in the SBD book -except as Oil (and it's under the limited list) and I can't find any concrete info on it's GI.. so, my 2 cents: Fresh grated coconut as a garnish shouldn't be an issue... for PH1...
From what I can find Tondli appears to be in the cucumber family - and that's fine for phase 1
Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #3  
Wen I'm thin fat'll be in

S/C/G: 162.8/156.2/143 (pounds)

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default Thanks!!

yes! Tondli is in the cucumber family! they are smaller in size though but packed with flavour
If I use 2 table spoons of fresh grated coconut in 500gms of tondli.... and use that as 2 - servings... i should be ok right??
A question.... i noticed you moved the post...just for my own info...why? I have obviously posted in the wrong place ... so could you tell me why....that way i wont mess up the next post!
Thanks again!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #4  

Hi Soulmia... I think the 1 tablespoon per serving should be okeydoke... you might want to see if it's a "trigger" for you afterwards, setting off a sugar type craving...

hmmm I'll have to check with Mother Hen Ruthie on moving your post... usually if a post is moved ,us mods can see it and the activity will have a tag on it like "merged post" or Moved...etc... put I dont see that on your thread Anyway...this question would be fine in any place except as a post in a specific recipe.. So no worries Soulmia, you're doing fine!
Old 10-28-2006, 07:26 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmm....I didn't move it and there would have been a mod "trail" if someone else moved it.
Closed Thread