I am reading the SBD book and have ??

• Hi all, I am new to the beach and this website so thank you in advance for any input. I have been in Phase I for 4 days. The book has a list of allowed food for Phase I and I've seen an updated list on this site...so can we have dairy in Phase I? Has it been changed? Also, I eat out often, the waiter at Ruby Tuesday said that the mashed califlower was SBD approved, but is it for Phase I? Also, my mother made meatballs and I had two (no pasta) but she put breadcrumbs (homemade, white bread) in them. I hope that wont affect me too much as I have lost 3lbs in 3 days and really still cant believe it. Also, is that prepacked taco seasoning ok? The kind that comes in the individual packages by El Paso? Thanks again.
  • bnn!

Yes you can have dairy on Phase 1 - follow the types and serving sizes outlined in the food list.

I don't think the amount of breadcrumbs in the meatballs is going to have any net effect.

I googled El paso taco seasoning, and no, it's not SBD friendly.. You want to stay away from Malodextrin, Corn Starch, MSG and partially hydrogenated anything. And 2 Teaspoons dry packs over 20 % of the daily sodium guideline..Maybe try making your own.. (I do, but I never measure anything, so I won't post it) I use Chili, onion,garlic powders,paprika ,splenda, salt, a pinch of cayenne.

Ask the waiter what is in the smashed cauliflower. I checked their website and they aren't listed--they do list the cals/fat/carbs/fiber content.... Sometimes waiters get confused between Atkins and SB.. If in doubt, maybe ask for just steamed cauliflower, and a pat of butter, and mash it yourself.

hope this helps
  • Hi! Google "taco seasoning recipes" and you'll find a couple you can make yourself that you can control the sodium (you can leave out the salt) and substitute Splenda for the Sugar. I do it for DH.