Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #1  

Default SF Whipped Cream

Hood has a new sugar-free whipped cream. Could this possibly be a replacement for Cool Whip? It doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils, etc. It's sweetened with Splenda and contains nonfat milk, cream, maltodextrin, water, whey protein concentrate, mono and digylcerides, carrageenan, polysorbate 80, cellulose gel, cellulose gum, natural and artificial flavors, sodium citrate, and whipping gas (nitrous oxide). Any thoughts?

Here's the info:
Serving Size 2 Tbsp. (5g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 10
Total Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol <5mg
Sodium 5mg
Total Carbohydrate <1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 0g
Old 04-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  

Considering that Cool Whip has Corn Syrup, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils and "modified food starch "(whatever That is..) This looks none the worse-- actually it looks better to me. For some "maltodextrin" raises a flag.. but I think I'll look for the Hood brand myself.
Let us know how you like it Sunlit!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #3  

It's pretty good, with a texture the same as regular whipped cream. There's a slight aftertaste if you eat it by itself, but it's unnoticeable when mixed with Jell-o or other desserts.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #4  

Sound Good! Where did you find it??
Old 04-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #5  

I found it in a Star Market, so I would think most big grocery stores would have it.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #6  

Land O Lakes now makes a sugar free whipped cream that they carry at our Super Wal Mart next to the Redi Whip. It has 20 calories and is made with heavy cream and splenda so the key is to stick with the portion sizes. It has an extra gram of fat but rest of nutrition looks the same.

It is delicious and I think SBD friendly as my old version of the SBD book recommends whipped cream with splenda to taste on top of SF jello.

I have never seen the Hood version but I will pick it up if I do.

Cool Whip scares me - not sure why SBD seal is on the outside with all the hydrogenated oils . . .
Closed Thread