Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #1  

Default How many carbs for Phase 2?

I'm preparing for Phase 2 (starting on monday). Is there a limit for carbs? Like not over 20 g. for dinner. Or something like that?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #2  

You can add a serving of bread, rice, pasta, etc. and a serving of fruit (per meal, I am quite sure) but from personal experience I advise you not to add them all at once. Try adding just one serving per day for a few days, even a week and see how it goes. Then add some more.

I added all my carbs at once and did not lose weight for a whole month!!!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #3  

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if I could do that.

I wanted to know how many carbs for meals to see about going out to eat. I don't know what's good/bad.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #4  

For a complete answer, check the Phase 2 Emergency Handbook in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the South Beach Diet Forum. There is a lot of good information there.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/186/165

I'm in my third week of phase 2- and I followed the advise to only add 1 carb and 1 fruit a day for a week, working up to 2-3 of each per day. I was really nervous about this phase because I had read and heard that many stopped losing or gained back weight doing phase 2. Plus, I felt I had worked so hard and finally was in such control over my eating, I didn't trust myself.

I opted to stick with phase 1 recipes, and just add carbs to compliment. I've also read from others that different carbs can cause different reactions in different people- so if you find eating cereal for breakfast leaves you hungry, or certain carbs at dinner introduces cravings- adjust accordingly.

I'm still being cautious, haven't added more than 2 carbs and 1 fruit a day- but I need to trust the plan a little more and expand, because I am starting to feel a little bored or restricted- I feel a major breakdown coming! Good Luck :
Old 04-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

hubby and i are one week into ph 2.
we're varying things by trying out diff't stuff throughout the week but still sticking to 1 fruit and 1 carb a day. someone correct me if i'm wrong but ph2 weight loss is a couple lbs a week or so? that's what we're using to guide ourselves anyways.
good luck!!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #7  

Just to clarify, one fruit doesn't equal the one carb?

So I can have one carb meaning a serving of bread, pasta or other?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fruits are carbs. I think the chcikies mean a piece of fruit and a starchy carb like bread or oatmeal.
Closed Thread