Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Exclamation Portable non refridge snack HEEEEEEEELLLLP

OK tomorrow I have an all day meeting in a hotel for work
I need Easy portable snacks that don't need to be kept cold b/c I'm going to be surrounded by sweet crap all day
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLP
Kierie
Old 01-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, hummus will keep just fine. I'd put it in a plastic container and take veggies in a plastic bag.
Pistachios
String cheese - doesn't need to be kept cold for just a day
I'm sure the chickies will be in with more suggestions. Those are just off the top of my head which is pretty cluttered and messy these days!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #3  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Nuts are one of my old standbys - pistachios, pecans, cashews, almonds, whatever. I'll put 15 (or 30 for pistachios) in a small Gladware or baggie and I'm good to go! Roasted chickpeas is something I also enjoy from time to time (I refrigerate them at home, but they are out of the fridge when I have them at school).
Old 01-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #4  

Aside from the above, you could bring yogurt and eat it as your earliest snack--it's usually okay for a few hours.

Also, apples! Perfect if you're in P2, and even if your P1 something to consider...because in the end it would be better to eat an apple than a brownie!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

KO, do you have a little insulated lunch bag that you can take with You? Or would they frown on that?

Week before last, when we were flying, since they don't feed us in flight anymore (you can buy a bag of junk for $3. Thanks, but no thanks) I cut up some celery sticks and made some LF boursin type cheese spread. And took some hummus and guacamole to eat on ww pita bread. I also took string cheese.

What about your lunch? Is that covered?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

cherry tomatoes! sliced cucumber does stay for a few hours,
roasted soy nuts (or you may say BLEAH to this)
Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

The small insulated lunch bags and boxes are wonderful if you can find one on such short notice.

Vegetable sticks, lettuce, hummas, laugh cow cheese wedges and string cheese last for several hours unrefrigerated. Wasa Crackers-the ones with lots of fiber and taste like cardboard, but aren't too bad with something on top of them.

Some thing that you freeze that can thaw during the day and eat coldish- of course, I can't think of anything in that catagory right now.

Sarah
Old 01-26-2006, 02:08 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

DH has an insulated lunch bag somewhere
Question or rather whats your opinion
I have baby carrots at home
and yes i know they're a no no but they keep how much damage would it do if I brought like15 baby carrots with me
b/c i can do carrots and string cheese (stuff I already) have No Problem
Old 01-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #9  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I would still take the carrots over the brownies/sweets no matter what phase I was in! The lunch box thing is an inspired idea, and I do that often, but of course (silly me) I didn't think to mention it!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Depending on what phase you are in there at SB approved breakfast bars that look like they would be an ok snack.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #11  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I agree carrots are better than brownies. I would suggest trying to eat something that's low GI with it so that it lowers the overal GI of the snack and therefore won't raise your blood sugar too much Like in the same snack eat some string cheese. Which I agree with everyone else, it definately can be left out for a day
Old 01-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #12  
Bird Nerd

I know it isn't too feeling - but you could take those little cups of Sugar Free Jello. I have been eating them when I am around people eating sweats.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:52 AM   #13  

A couple of boiled eggs some cucumber or broccoli (maybe with a low fat yogurt dip... garlic and dill). Throw together a salad and put it in tupperware. Perhaps a flaxseed muffin. Nuts are always easy. I make my lunches for work everyday and I dont have a refrigerator at work. Freeze a bottle of water and put it next to your food and you have cold water and your lunch is perserved. I never have a hot lunch and I dont have a "lunch box"... I use my book bag...Im a teacher. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #14  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

I love NutriGrain and Trailmix
Closed Thread