Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 05:25 PM   #1  

Default Question about chicken

Is eating chicken thighs allowed in any phase? I guess that is dark meat?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

Amelie, they are on the "avoid" list for ph1. I have a different ph2 list than the one posted here - it's the same list, really, except that it also has an "avoid" list for ph2. Dark meat poultry is on neither the ok or not ok list, so I would (personally) think that dark meat (skinless, with as much fat removed as possible) would be okay once in a while.

DH dislikes white meat poultry except in stirfries and such, so he has mainly eaten dark meat with the skin and excess fat removed before cooking. He's still lost weight, but he also walks a lot. Plus this is intended to be a heart-healthy diet as well as diabetic-friendly, but DH doesn't have bad cholesterol or high blood pressure or anything like that. So it's less of an issue for him than for some.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:34 PM   #3  

I am sure that an occasional or rare dark meat meal won't be that detrimental to the diet. I just have an excellent soy sauce chicken recipie from my aunt who is Chinese, and it calls for dark meat. I just don't think it would be the same with chicken breasts, but who knows. Maybe I will try it, or just skip the meal altogether. Thanks for the advice!
Closed Thread