Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default Starting Day 2/P 1 - Question

First off let me just say thanks for all the great info here it has greatly helped.

One of the main questions I have is...... Is there a place where I can find a list of Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide? Or do I have to buy the book? I am driving myself crazy with worrying about every thing that I eat or think about eating, since I want to do this the right way. I know that it will take time to get myself educated and up to speed and the info here has helped thanks!

Also I was wondering about two products and if I can use them or not? I am thinking the Ranch Dressing is a no-no.

Hidden Valley Ranch
Per 2 Tbsp serv.
Fat 14 g (wow)
Carb 1 g
Sat fat 2.5 g
Sugar 1 g

ingre: Vegetable oil (canola oil and/or soybean oil) (this is how it is listed!)
water, egg yolk, sugar, salt, cultured nonfat buttermilk......ect...ect. (do you need the rest - it is basically a lot of stuff that does not sound good)

Another is Hellmann's Reduced Fat Mayonnaise Dressing (Formerly Just 2 Good)

1 Tbsp serv
Fat 2 g
Sat Fat 0 g
Carb 2g
Sug <1g

Ingre: Water, soybean oil, modified corn starch, sugar, egg whites, vinegar, salt, cellulose gel (yuck) ect....ect..

I can and will do this (just need a little push/encouragement/help) LOL
Old 06-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #2  

The newly revised Good Fats/Good Carbs is a paperback that you can get for 25% off at Target and is well worth it's money.

As far as the Reduced Fat Mayo, you don't want the modified corn starch and sugar and probably other stuff too. Just use regular mayo and watch that you don't use too much.

You can do much better using bottled dressing than the packets.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #3  

Thank you for your reply!

I mayo is not opened I wonder if I can return it? LOL

Any recommendation on bottled dressings?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #4  

I saw in the book that as long as a dressing has less than 3 g of sugar/serving, it's okay. I have the GFGC guide but it's not handy...er...::shame::
Closed Thread