Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone Ever Skipped Phase One?

I was wondering if anyone has ever just gone right into Phase II of the SBD? I'm not a big carb-eater anyway and can't stick with Phase I for two weeks because it just isn't workable with my lifestyle.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!
Jess
Old 06-22-2004, 02:41 PM   #2  

Why isn't is workable in your lifestyle? It gets you over the cravings. If you've been on a low carb diet and are switching, then it's okay to start with Phase II. Have you read the book? Dr. A has great advice.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #3  

I agree with the above. I think Phase One is very important to the overall success of the plan.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jess, Dr. A suggests that children start at Phase 2, but for everyone else, I believe it is essential. You can make Phase 1 fit into your life if you really want it to. It's up to you as to how much you want it. But I think your results would be pretty poor if you go straight to Phase 2. Phase 1 is what really gets your body ready to burn away the fat and make your blood much more healthy!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:55 AM   #5  
I graduated!

If you don't eat a lot of carbs I'm not sure what your rational is behind saying it's not workable for your lifestyle. I don't see a reason why you couldn't do any diet any way you'd like however you won't see the dramatic weight loss that others see in the first two weeks.

Phase two, by design, generates slower weight loss... keeping that in mind... I'll make another post with the info from the SBD website about quantities.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default I cheated a little and still lost weight on Phase 1

To be honest with you, near the end of Phase 1, I had one low carb yogurt a day which isn't on the list. There was another day when I had some bread, not that much, though, less than a slice. I also had a small piece of chocolate one day, which is allowed on Phase 2. I think if you have one Phase 2 item a day, you will still probably lose some weight but like most people said, not as much as if you followed Phase 1 to the letter. I lost 8 lbs. in Phase 1 with my cheating and all, but I probably would have lost more if I didn't cheat.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:57 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yoghurt IS on the revised list. Please see the latest revision.
Note to self: Combine all the revisions into one "Bible"!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #8  

I am having a bit of trouble getting to do this ...I cannot find my chart..it does not show up...i have been on phase 1 now for 2 weeks but only lost about 4 lbs...i don't know if I am eating enough or what the problem is...must you eat veg. and protein at lunch....i eat a good breakfast and good supper but i am not sure about lunch...thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 11:50 PM   #9  
YES!! You Can!!

S/C/G: 274/150.6/160

Height: 5'8"

When I did phase I, I had very bad withdrawal symptoms and kept eating a little fruit. I did 2 weeks with fruit and then I did 2 weeks perfect...NO FRUIT!!

I think that it's very important to do phase I as this is where we go when we have a small weight gain when in maintenance. If you've never done it, then you won't have the experience to be able to go there again!!

I drop back to phase I every so often when I feel myself getting sloppy!! Its a good thing to be able to do this!! It helps me to feel like I've gotten back on track!!

I posted a chart here called How to adapt your meal plan....its important to have a protein and veggie at each meal, lunch included....if you can't one day, don't worry about it...BUT it is very important to eat your veggies!!Do Phase I.....its an important piece of this plan!!

Last edited by Judynyc; 04-26-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Closed Thread