3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   SBD-Friendly Products: Questions and Suggestions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/44406-sbd-friendly-products-questions-suggestions.html)

beachgal 08-02-2004 06:04 PM

SBD-Friendly Products: Questions and Suggestions

Hi, all! :goodvibes:

After many different threads asking for advice on what products to buy, we mods thought that it might be a good idea to have one central place to post these recommendations.

This is the place! :D

:flow1: If you are looking for a product (like soup or dressing) and are not sure what type or brand to buy, ask here! We hope that the ever-helpful SBD forum members will be able to assist you in locating an SBD-friendly product.

:flow1: Also, if you've come across a great product that is safe on SBD, please suggest it here!

:flow1: A "master" list of suggested SBD-friendly cold and hot cereals is in this post. (click the link to jump to it)

Post away!

mauvaisroux 08-06-2004 11:17 AM

Great idea Laurie! :cp:

I eat natural foods for the most part but if I find something good I will post :)

emily42897 12-01-2004 12:23 PM

Davinci Syrup

I was just wondering what aisle I can find this in? I haven't seen it at the store. I shop at Meijer in Grand Rapids, MI.

Ruthxxx 12-01-2004 12:30 PM

If there is a low carb section, it will be there. Otherwise it'll be with the pancake syrups probably. Heck! It may be all different in the States. Maybe an American chick will pop in with the right answer!

Krispy611 12-14-2004 04:14 PM

davinchi syrup

I am in MA, and I know around here you can only find Davinchi Syrups at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, I have never seen it in the supermarkets. Hope this helps? :)

TheScrapper 12-14-2004 10:58 PM

Hey Kris, which TJ Maxx and Marshalls?? I"m about to travel to find it! LOL

rebelridergirl 12-15-2004 11:25 AM

What are some good low sugar salad dressings? Also, any that are lower in fat and low sugar? Thanks.

elizabethann 01-03-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emily42897
I was just wondering what aisle I can find this in? I haven't seen it at the store. I shop at Meijer in Grand Rapids, MI.

I saw the sugar free Davinci in TJ Maxx today. I hope this helps.

xJennJennx 01-04-2005 09:07 AM

As far as the Salad dressing goes, I buy the CarbWell Light.

Nutrition Facts

Serving 2Tbsp
60 Calories
Fat 6g
Sat Fat 1g
Total Carb 0g
Sugars 0g

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3...1af/weight.png

Orangecupcakez 01-04-2005 12:08 PM

I am still having difficulty with salad dressings .. I am going to tire of Italian REAL fast!

eponine51 01-14-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelridergirl
What are some good low sugar salad dressings? Also, any that are lower in fat and low sugar? Thanks.

I found a store brand creamy ceasar dressing that had only 1 gram of sugar per serving! 2 grams less than the name brand. I would just look for your favorite dressing, and then "sugar shop" to see which one has the least amount of sugars that you're looking for.

Good luck!

Heidi-ho 01-17-2005 10:09 AM

Hello,

Has anyone tried the "DreamFeilds" brand of Pasta. They claim to only have 5 grams of digestible carbs per serving. I've tried it b/f starting SB and found them to taste great! I actually like it more than regular pasta and I'm Italian!!!

Would this product be ok for phase II? Not every day of course, but maybe once a week?

Barb0522 01-17-2005 12:46 PM

I do not believe it is allowed because it is not 100% whole wheat. I use Hodgson's Mills pastas.

Jgirl0404 01-31-2005 04:54 PM

Pillsbury Sugar-Free cookies

Hi all! I just started the south beach diet today. So far, so good. I was wondering if the Pillsbury Sugar-free 'pop-in-oven" cookies were ok to eat on phase I. Thanks :)

Ruthxxx 01-31-2005 06:05 PM

Welcome to The Beach. Be sure to check out the stickies in this FAQ Section.
Sorry but no is the word on the cookies and on other cookies too. They contain flour and may contain trans- or sat- fat. You are best to stick to unprocessed foods and avoid Frankenfoods.