Old 07-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #91  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Your Favorite Products (for use in the SBD lifestyle)

I was thinking, there are some nice products I found and we could share our special finds to inspire eachother? I know I would love to read some of your favorite products so I could look for them and incorporate them into my lifestyle as well.

Here's a few things I've found while trying out different brands and products:

-75% RF Cabot cheddar (and sharp and extra sharp) is so delicious, SO full of flavor (I get this at Walmart)

- Bob's Mill Almond Flour/Meal (Crusts for chicken, fish, desserts, even makes yummy pancakes) (found at Walmart)

-Just found an old-school dressing at Walmart. Kraft owns Seven Seas now and they have $2 Green Goddess salad dressing, with only 2 grams of sugar. Tasty and a nice way to jazz up your salads (has a nice pale green color!)

-Nevella, a new sweetener like Splenda, and it has probiotics in it. But it's yum, tastes like powdered sugar. ( I must admit to literally eating a spoon, but it's not something I'd recommend doing! But it was quite tasty!)

-Cedar's Smooth & Creamy Style Roasted Garlic Hummus (for the garlic lovers! Full of garlic flavor!)

What's some products you guys swear by?

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just wondered if these crackers are okay for Phase II...or does the potato starch knock them out???

Ingredients
Brown rice meal, sesame seeds, potato starch, quinoa seeds, safflower oil, flax seeds, amaranth seeds, tamari soy sauce powder (Tamari sou sauce (soy beans, salt), Maltodextrin (corn)), Salt.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry, but the potato starch is one of the first three ingredients, so they're a no-no.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Sorry, but the potato starch is one of the first three ingredients, so they're a no-no.
That's what I was afraid of. Too bad b/c they're REALLY good.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 193/189/155

Height: 5'7

Default SB bars

I really wish I lived in the states because I love the heck out of those South Beach granola type bars. Especially the smores ones. My friend gets GI distress from them... sugar alcohols can be soooo bad for that, but I do not (HA). I can't wait till phase two starts so I can have those strangely foamy sticky weird bars. I have a stock pile...

Unfortunately, Canada doesn't sell a lot of prepackaged foods aimed directly at south beach dieters. For any fellow Canadians out there, Steady Eddie bread by Silver Hills is brilliant. I think 5g of fibre per slice, sprouted grain, no flour, no added sugar and is the best toast ever, diet or no diet.

Superstore is the cheapest place to get steel cut oats too. They're terrible until you add splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, cloves and ginger at the very end. Then it's delicious.
Riotactress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #96  

Height: 5ft

Hi I'm new and I have just begun the phase two and was wonering if the is a tortilla that we can have I would like to be able to use them forwraps and maybe to make small pizzas :-) thanks for any help. Can it be 100% whole Wheat with no transfat with 3 grams of fiber
SouthernJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 177/144/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernJudy View Post
Hi I'm new and I have just begun the phase two and was wonering if the is a tortilla that we can have I would like to be able to use them forwraps and maybe to make small pizzas :-) thanks for any help. Can it be 100% whole Wheat with no transfat with 3 grams of fiber
I use Flatout. They are largish, but could be halfed for smaller pizzas.

Light Original
Made with 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat
90 Calories
6 net carbs
0g sugar
9g Fiber, 36% of your daily value
The Best Life Diet Approved
Whole Grain approved, 8g or more per serving

INGREDIENTS: WATER, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, OAT FIBER, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOYBEAN OIL, contains less than 2 % of each of the following: MALTITOL, WHEAT PROTEIN ISOLATE, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, BAKING SODA, POTASSIUM BICARBONATE, YEAST, PRESERVATIVES (POTASSIUM SORBATE, PROPIONIC ACID, SODIUM PROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), FUMARIC ACID, WHEAT FLOUR, CELLULOSE GUM, GUAR GUM, CALCIUM SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN, ANNATTO COLOR, CALCIUM PEROXIDE, L-CYSTEINE, ENZYMES. CONTAINS: WHEAT AND SOYBEANS. MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES PRODUCTS CONTAINING MILK AND CHEESE.
Usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #98  

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernametaken View Post
I use Flatout. They are largish, but could be halfed for smaller pizzas.

Light Original
Made with 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat
90 Calories
6 net carbs
0g sugar
9g Fiber, 36% of your daily value
The Best Life Diet Approved
Whole Grain approved, 8g or more per serving

INGREDIENTS: WATER, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, OAT FIBER, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOYBEAN OIL, contains less than 2 % of each of the following: MALTITOL, WHEAT PROTEIN ISOLATE, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, BAKING SODA, POTASSIUM BICARBONATE, YEAST, PRESERVATIVES (POTASSIUM SORBATE, PROPIONIC ACID, SODIUM PROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), FUMARIC ACID, WHEAT FLOUR, CELLULOSE GUM, GUAR GUM, CALCIUM SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN, ANNATTO COLOR, CALCIUM PEROXIDE, L-CYSTEINE, ENZYMES. CONTAINS: WHEAT AND SOYBEANS. MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES PRODUCTS CONTAINING MILK AND CHEESE.
Thank you so much I will try and look for those. Right now i'm a little confused about the grains part of the diet.
SouthernJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #99  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

flatouts make great grilled pizzas
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #100  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Why cant we have Dannon 0% vanilla yougurt on phase 1? Its made with splenda and its vanilla? There is no fruit in it or fruit flavouring.. It is no-fat yougurt???? Contains no sugar..so im confuzed as to why not??? Whats the difference between eating that and buying plain no fat yougurt and adding vanilla extract and splenda?? I just think the vanilla no fat yougurt tastes way better then my homemade version..Im canadian so we dont have "Da Vinci" syrups..We have Torrani, but are severely limited to sugar free syrup flavours..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #101  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Why cant we have Dannon 0% vanilla yougurt on phase 1? Its made with splenda and its vanilla? There is no fruit in it or fruit flavouring.. It is no-fat yougurt???? Contains no sugar..so im confuzed as to why not??? Whats the difference between eating that and buying plain no fat yougurt and adding vanilla extract and splenda?? I just think the vanilla no fat yougurt tastes way better then my homemade version..Im canadian so we dont have "Da Vinci" syrups..We have Torrani, but are severely limited to sugar free syrup flavours..
I don't know what the ingredients are in your yogurt, but this is what I found about Dannon Vanilla Light & Fit. The added fructose, modified food starch and corn starch are not SB friendly. The greek yogurt I use has non-fat milk and yogurt cultures, nothing else.

Nonfat Yogurt (Cultured Grade A Non Fat Milk, Modified Food Starch, Fructose, Kosher Gelatin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3)Water, Fructose, contains Less than 1% of Modified Corn Starch, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Aspartame, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate (to Maintain Freshness)Caramel Color, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Annatto Extract (for Color)Sodium Citrate.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote