Old 08-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #76  
Rif

S/C/G: 340/148/145

Height: 5'9"

I've seen Davinci Syrup at Meijer's in the coffee/tea section. You can also get them (in Michigan) at World Market (where there are a lot more flavors available than at Meijer).
Rif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wegman's has started to carry the DaVinci syrups! They have a wide variety of them, and the prices are very reasonable. Just make sure you are getting the SF syrup! You can find them near the coffee kiosk.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 210.6/198.6/160

Height: 5'8"

thanks for all the links everyone
Joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #79  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Height: 5'8"

I don't buy the DaVinci syrups, but I like Torani brand SF syrups. I can find these in some of my local supermarkets (usually Hannaford, for those in MA). They have chocolate, vanilla, and hazelnut and maybe others I haven't found yet. Just be careful, the labels for SF and not SF are very similar.

Also, I recently found KC Masterpiece Low Calorie Original - WOW, a low-carb BBQ sauce that tastes good! I love the taste, and it's only 2g of carb per 2T serving. Still something to be careful with, but so much better than regular BBQ sauces.

Oh, and one more product - Gortons has frozen salmon fillets (other grilled fillets too I think, but I prefer salmon) that are super easy and tasty. Usually prepackaged foods are loaded with carbs but these aren't too bad, just 2g of carbs per serving. The sodium level is higher than I'd like, but not nearly as bad as you would expect from convenience food (270mg). (Carb and sodium counts probably vary, I'm just listing what's in the Classic Grilled Salmon.)
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #80  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

Does anybody know if the Kroger/Ralph's brand Carbmaster Yogurt is okay for phase 1? The 3g of sugar worries me , but it is a milk product..

Stats are as follows: Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 container
Amount per Serving
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 80mg 3%
Potassium 90mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 3g
Protein 12 24%
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #81  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The yogurt on Phase I is supposed to be plain (not flavored) lowfat or fat free yogurt. May have up to 2 cups per day as your dairy servings. Phase II yogurt can be artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt (limit to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup)

Last edited by murphmitch; 06-04-2009 at 09:26 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #82  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

PopcornFiend, all yogurt will have grams of sugar from the lactose in milk. So what you really need to look at is the ingredients. You're only allowed plain (with no added sugar) in P1, but you can add SF syrup to it to flavor it. Or SF Jell-O. In P2, you can have flavored yogurts, as MurphMitch said (thanks!), but I've found that they have too many weird/unneccesary ingredients (like gelatin) for my taste. So I just use plain organic yogurt and add SF jam or defrosted frozen fruit to it. Sometimes I add SF vanilla syrup and toss in fresh fruit.

Here are some suggestions for great SBD-safe products that I've recently discovered:

Organicville dressings are great for those times when you want a typically sweet dressing, like a fruity vinaigrette. They make their dressings with agave nectar, so they are much less likely to cause cravings. Try them out to see how they work for you!

For those of you, like me, who used to love Thousand Island dressing before you went on SBD, here's an option that fits within the plan: Bolthouse Farms Thousand Island Yogurt Dressing It has 3g of sugar. Wegman's also makes a version of this, for those of you who have a Wegman's.

Siggi's Skyr (Icelandic version of Greek yogurt). This stuff is fantastic on every level--taste, SBD-safeness, portion size, environmental conscienceness, fat content, everything! The only drawback is the possible cost (I paid $2.79 for 6oz ), but I bought mine at a local co-op that does tend to have high prices. This is a greek-style thick yogurt, fat-free, with natural flavoring and a TINY bit of agave nectar. It's not overly sweet, which is awesome. I tried the orange-ginger flavor and it was divine!

Sprouted "Splits" Pretzels--this company makes other pretzels that aren't really SBD-safe, but these totally are and they are REALLY good. DH tasted them for the first time last night and was immediately claiming them as his. They are made from sprouted whole wheat, kind of like Ezekiel products, but with one grain. Yum!

Speaking of Ezekiel products, if you haven't tried their stuff, you should! It's SO delicious and totally SBD-safe. If you have trouble with regular whole wheat bread causing cravings, try Ezekiel bread before you cross it off your list entirely. Since the grains are sprouted before baking, their products are treated differently by your system--more as a vegetable starch than as a purch starch. Personally, I'm a big fan of their cereal (It comes in four flavors--I put it on yogurt), hot dog and hamburger buns, and cinnamon raisin bread. Yum!

Last edited by beachgal; 08-06-2009 at 10:03 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #83  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I am making pizza for dinner using an Ezekiel tortilla for the crust. It turns out fantastic and everyone has their own personal pizza. The bread is quite doable, too.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-11-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 197/192/158

Height: 5'5

Great Info! I love this website
losingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #85  
I can do this!

Talking SBD-Safe Cereal

Here's a list of cold and hot cereals that Beachies have suggested as SBD-safe:

Cold Cereals: (suggested serving size in parenthesis, when available)
Hot Cereals:
If you have cereal suggestions, just post 'em below and I'll add them to this post. Thanks!

Last edited by beachgal; 08-06-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #86  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Have to include Bob's Red Mill 5 grain with flax hot cereal. Yum
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #87  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I like Trader Joe's Toasted Oat Bran Hot Cereal. One third of a cup uncooked has 6 Gms of fiber. I also use the Quaker brand of this too.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 132/129/115

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth711 View Post
Hi! I am new here, these forums look really interesting! I have a question about a product I found today, and whether it is acceptable for Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. Here are the ingredients - it is Amy's Organic Black Bean Chili in a can.
Organic Black Bean Chili
INGREDIENTS : (VEGAN) ORGANIC BLACK BEANS, ORGANIC TOMATOES, ORGANIC ONIONS, FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC BELL PEPPERS, ORGANIC GREEN CHILES, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC LIME JUICE, SEA SALT, SPICES, ORGANIC GARLIC.

Looks okay, right?

Here is the nutrition information:
Serving Size: 1 cup(s)
Serving Per Container: 2
Calories: 200 Calories from Fat:20
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 680mg
Carbohydrates: 31g
Fiber: 15g
Sugars: 3g
Protein: 13g

What do you think? Can I eat this? Hope so!! Am looking for some easy fast lunch ideas (ie heat and eat) for the office!!

i know this was back in 2005, but where can i find this product? thanks!
faith23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I find Amy's Organic products in the natural foods section of most grocery stores.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #90  
I can do this!

Have to put in a quick push for a fantastic (and local, to me) chocolate bar! Made by Ithaca Fine Chocolates, the Art Bar is SO cool! Not only is the chocolate divine and unique, but each bar comes with a little piece of artwork on a card. Plus, 10% of profits are donated to art education organizations! Best of all, if you were a fan of "crispy" chocolate bars in the past, now you can have them again! Check out the dark chocolate bar with quinoa crisp (if you don't know what quinoa is, you're missing out on a lot!) here. Mmmmm!

Enjoy!