Old 03-24-2006, 12:40 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 317/305/160

Height: 5'7"

Default No Sugar Added Pasta Sauce

Hi, all. This is a great thread. I hope it continues. I've discovered Bella Vita Pasta Sauces. I esp. like the Spicy Tomato - 2 g. of carbs per half cup serving and no added sugar. It is delish!
Lyndyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #47  

Question French vanilla cappuccino

I tried this really good Tropicana slim FV cappuccino, is it okay on phase 1 or 2?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 packet (12 g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 50
Calories From Fat 18
Protein 1 g
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Sugars 0 g
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat1 g
Sodium 80 mg
Ingredients
non-dairy coffee creamer, coffee powder, vanilla flavor, aspartame, xanthan gum
BornConfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:01 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 182/179/130

Hello everyone. I started SBD two days ago and have found now that i am very comfused about the use of fat free milk in Phase 1. Can i drink the max. of 2cups per day including yogurt or not. The site says in one part that you can and in another that you cannot? If anyone knows please do post.
littledebbiekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 AM   #49  

Little debbiekim, to SB! Have you checked the Emergency handbook for phase 1 under the Stickies? Here is an extract of it concerning milk

MILK/DAIRY
(2-3 cups allowed daily, including yogurt)
Low-fat milk (fat-free and 1%)
Fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 (less than 2 tablespoons)
Low-fat plain, vanilla, or sucralose-containing soy milk (4 grams of fat or less per 8 ounce serving). Be sure the product does not contain high fructose corn syrup
1% or fat-free buttermilk
Fat-free plain yogurt

So in total you can have up to 3 cups daily. Can you provide a link to where there is a discrepancy? We can take a look at it
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #50  
chick on a mission

S/C/G: 333.5/327/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelridergirl
What are some good low sugar salad dressings? Also, any that are lower in fat and low sugar? Thanks.
kraft makes south beach products now, some of which are salad dressing, along with wraps and frozen dinners and such :-)
the wraps and dinners and breakfast bars are all phase 2 and 3 though
jenxcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

Are they any canned soups that are SBD friendly? As a general rule, how may grams of sugar do I need to look for?
cottonfarmer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 272/254/199

Is there a SBD friendly canned soup? Wal-mart has the divinci syrup also. I think they were by the coffee?
cottonfarmer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Default Canned Soups

First of all, I'd like to say, as others have, how great this thread is. I just moved from phase 1 to 2 yesterday and am definitely working on understanding what is an option now and what is not. So thank you for starting this.

Now point of business. In reference to cottonfarmer81's question, I have been eating the Progresso Lentil soup. I think it rocks! Plus, it comes in the handy pop in the microwave dish which helps with the quick & easy factor. Otherwise, I like to make a homemade soup in my crock pot and just toss it in the freezer. That way I know its fresh and isn't packed full of preservatives and extra things like sugar and flour.

Hope that helps!
TropicalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #54  

I don't think I have found any canned soups that have totally on plan ingredients without having far more sodium than I like.

I make homemade soup all the time though and freeze it in individual containers to reheat. I've got four containers of chili in the freezer and three of brocolli cheese soup. I can always throw together a tomoto soup easily and there are several bean ones I like. Take a look through all the soup recipes and you will see they are easy to make
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #55  
Merrie

Default are these food items a good choice?

Are the Healthy Choice fudge bars a good choice? They have no sugar added, 1g fat, 80 calories, no trans fat, total carbs 13g...I was looking for a low fat, no sugar treat. Is this it?
I also wanted to ask about Ken's lite olive oil vinaigrette dressing. 2Tbsp serving=60 calories,50 fat calories, total fat 6g, trans fat 0g, carbs 3g in ingredients it say sugar contains 2% or less. I'm the one who made the mistake of thinking I could eat any of the blue cheese dressings. Any help would be appreciated. Merrie
Mahlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #56  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mahlie, could you list the INGREDIENTS rather than the nutritional content. Then we can tell if the items are SBD OK. The focus of this plan is to stay away from processed foods so you might be better to check out Phase I desserts for your sweet treat.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #57  

Question Juice Plus

Is anyone familiar with the food supplement Juice Plus? I'm wondering where/if it fits into SBD.
kellyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:11 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Juice Plus is definitely NOT on the South Beach plan. Real fruit is added in Phase II.
Check this out:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ighlight=Juice
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #59  

Okay, with the help of family, friends and a lot of "research", I've found some fabulous products. As you can see, I do a lot of online shopping.

Annie's Natural salad dressings (all made with canola oil and no added sugar). I get them at Whole Foods.

Dried tomatoes which I use now instead of chips. I get them at www.justtomatoes.com.

Best place to buy sf syrups online is www.cappuccinoconnection.com. Shipping is not pricey. I know a lot of people say they buy them at Marshalls or TJMaxx, but I don't have those to shop at.

Southaven Farms baking mixes. Awesome for P2 and P3 whole grain baking. I've tried all of them now, made muffins, pancakes, quick breads, even buns. They have tons of recipes on their web site -- www.southavenfarms.com

Eat Well Be Well cereal bars. Good emergency snack to keep in the car. I get them at www.netrition.com.
ChadsMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #60  

Chadsmate Thanks so much for Sharing
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote