Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Question snacks?

Hello everyone!

I am on day 3 of SBD and I am starving! I ate my lunch at 1 p.m. today and it is 3 p.m. and I am hungry. I alread ate today's snacks too.

Any recommendations for curbing hunger? Is it okay to have a V8 or glass of tomato juice to take the edge off? I am having a chocolate craving- would it be okay to eat a square or two of organic, low sugar dark chocolate?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:28 PM   #2  
Imagine...

Mauvais, yes V8 is ok, semi sweet choc. is ok in phase 2 I think. You can have a hard boiled egg, part skim mozzarella cheese or any low or reduced fat cheese, almonds, pistashios (sp?) and I live on the no sugar added fudgesicles. and of course veggies.

Last edited by sflake; 09-17-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #3  
Imagine...

oh yeah... I forgot, if your hungry, eat til your full. portion control is not as important as eating the right stuff.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Don't you wish you'd bought some of those pistachios a week ago Saturday? Laughing Cow cheese is a good snack especially spread on celery sticks. V8 is a great fillerupper too.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:38 PM   #5  

Thanks Sflake and Ruthxxx. I do have pistachios, Laughing Cow cheese and celery, v8. I guess I just have the munchies and want something crunchy like breadsticks or pretzels -stuff I used to snack on. I will have to find some fudgesicles to get my chocolate fix!
Old 09-20-2003, 02:22 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Another great phase one chocolate fix is the ricotta cheese mixed with sweetner, unsweetned cocoa powder, a bit of cinnamon, I add a small splash of atkins vanilla syrup and mix it all together...it is a good phase 1 chocolate fix. It is important to stay off the sugar for the first two weeks, that is what kick starts things on this plan.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:12 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

Question about snacks...what if I have my snack, and I get hungry again...do I snack again? I am an Atkins convert - on that plan, if you were hungry, you ate, that was it. I didn't really see that addressed in a specific way in the book.

Is anybody counting calories/carbs/anything else?
Old 10-06-2003, 09:57 PM   #8  

I'm still attending weight watchers so I am counting points. However, I did count out the items for each day of the plan for Phase 1 and the menus and recipes are within my daily point target give or take a flex point or two- so combining the two programs is working okay so far and I have been losing
Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 AM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

If you eat a snack and are still hungry, then eat another one! The first few days I felt as if I did nothing but eat, but I still lost 10 pounds on phase 1. After a while you won't need as many snacks.

I broke my meals up, too. So I usually had four meals, just smaller than normal portions. Or I would make sure one of my snacks was fairly hardy, like low fat ham spread with LC cheese wrapped around strips of pepper or cucumber spears. Some snacks just seem better at keeping you feeling satisfied for longer. I find anything with protein works for me, but you may have to experiment.

Jennifer, how is Amy doing? Sending good thoughts her way! :
Old 10-16-2003, 03:33 PM   #10  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wow. Sugar free fudgesicles sound good! Is there a certain brand u found that tastes the best? I haven't officially started the SBD yet, hopefully next week. Thank you everyone for your help!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:05 PM   #11  
Imagine...

I buy/like the ones made by Hood.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:27 PM   #12  

Good Humour makes fat free-nosugar added creamsicles (made with aspertame) and fudgsicles.

We have a brand up here that is called Chapmans who make no sugar added fudgesicles and ice cream bars that aren't bad either though the fudgesicles taste more like chocolate popsicles and don't have that creamy fudgsicle texture.

Healthy choice also make low fat fudgesicles which taste like the real thing I don't know about the sugar content on those though
Old 11-07-2003, 05:54 AM   #13  
Mous

I enjoy all the products made by Blue Bunny (Wal Mart)
Closed Thread