Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Crackers???

I think the herb and garlic laughing cow cheese is one of my new favorite snacks, but I'm trying to figure out if there are any acceptable whole wheat crackers that I can have w/ it. Even the "low fat whole wheat" crackers I found in the stores are loaded w/ carbs (some as much as 22g for 1 serving...lowest I found was 10g per serving). Is there any whole wheat cracker that you guys know of that would be SB acceptable or should I just scratch the thought of crackers an find something else to enjoy my laughing cow cheese with???
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

We don't count the carbs in stuff. I know Triscuits are allowed but remember serving size is 1 oz. and preferably whole grain with 3 grams of fiber or more per ounce and no trans fats. You might find more selections in the health food section of your grocery store. I don't like to use my grain serving with crackers. Somehow they just don't fill me up and sometimes can't stop at one servings.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #3  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Triscuits are "allowed", but they make me "bingey". A number of people have reported the same. And the flavored ones (my faves of course) have MSG in them, also known as Monosodium Glutamate.

Today I tried the Kashi version of Roasted Garlic triscuits (http://www.amazon.com/Kashi-Heart-Cr...6553054&sr=1-2). They are definitely lower in sodium, taste great, no MSG - and lastly, I didn't have the urge to "binge" with them. I ate one serving of them with my laughing cow and was done.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-14-2010 at 06:04 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Triscuits are "allowed", but they make me "bingey". A number of people have reported the same. And the flavored ones (my faves of course) have MSG in them, also known as Monosodium Glutamate.

Today I tried the Kashi version of Roasted Garlic triscuits. They are definitely lower in sodium, taste great, no MSG - and lastly, I didn't have the urge to "binge" with them. I ate one serving of them with my laughing cow and was done.
Oooooh, thanks for the info...those sound delicious!!! One wedge of laughing cow cheese and 5 or 6 crackers is enough for a snack for me...and it's really satisfying. I will definitely have to try the Kashi crackers. Thanks again!!!

Hmmm...I had to remove your link b/c I don't have 25 posts yet and it's a no-no. Pretty smart way to cut down on spamming, though...I like that.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I am doing low carb - more Primal actually than Southbeach - but this is new to me, and as a carb lover I had to find a cracker substitute. I found an awesome one that is very simple to make:

1 cup almond meal
1 egg white
salt

You simply mix the meal and egg, sprinkle in some salt (i use kosher), and here is the key -- put a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and another parchment paper on top (a MUST or it will all stick horribly) and roll very very thin with rolling pin. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 8-10, checking them. Take out when golden. Oh, I forgot - score the crackers with a knife when raw - then just break apart when cool.

My husband (type 1 diabetic) loves these - they are good! They look just like wheat thins.

I have experimented with a couple batchs - I sprinkle a little garlic powder on some (good), a bit of chopped fresh rosemary on some (also good). They are great too just with a bit of salt and nothing extra.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
I am doing low carb - more Primal actually than Southbeach - but this is new to me, and as a carb lover I had to find a cracker substitute. I found an awesome one that is very simple to make:

1 cup almond meal
1 egg white
salt

You simply mix the meal and egg, sprinkle in some salt (i use kosher), and here is the key -- put a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and another parchment paper on top (a MUST or it will all stick horribly) and roll very very thin with rolling pin. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 8-10, checking them. Take out when golden. Oh, I forgot - score the crackers with a knife when raw - then just break apart when cool.

My husband (type 1 diabetic) loves these - they are good! They look just like wheat thins.

I have experimented with a couple batchs - I sprinkle a little garlic powder on some (good), a bit of chopped fresh rosemary on some (also good). They are great too just with a bit of salt and nothing extra.
Wow...that sounds really simple and good. Thanks!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/205/150

Height: 5'1"

Red face

I will need to try this. Sounds yummy! Thanks.
Scarlett435 is offline   Reply With Quote