How much did you loose on Phase I?

• Hi ladies,

I am just trying to stay focused and mainly motivated! So I was wondering how much weight did you loose by the end of Phase I? Did you weight yourself everyday? I'm trying to wait until the end of the 2 weeks so I'm not going to give up in the middle if I notice that I'm not loosing.

Phase I is hard (I'm just on day 4 and I want cakes, and fried chicken and rice and stuff so bad). But I'm sticking to the plan!

Sorry if this has been asked before I'm new and just trying to get/stay motivated.
  • Miss Maya

I know everyone is different, but I can give you my experience and say "stay motivated".

Mid P1, I really had intense cravings, just as you described. I did everything to stay OP. I ate lots of the things that are ok to eat. Everyone said it was ok, and I hate that starving thing. I went to bed early alot. ANYTHING. Towards the end of P1 I was getting pretty crave free.

P2 has been great! I have finished 10 weeks total SB. I feel really great and only once in a while to I really want to eat really bad stuff. I have taken all the bad foods that DH and I used to eat and have tweaked recipes to make them SB friendly.

I was at the point in my life where I could rationalize all of this. I didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not coming off overnight, either. If I want to lose the weight and be healthy this HAS to be a lifestyle change.

Over 10 weeks I have lost 22 pounds. 10 of that was P1. It had seemed the loss had slowed, but since July 1 I have lost 6. It motivates me to hang in there.

When I look at all the years of struggle I stay motivated to eat healthy. I don't eat anything not OP because I want to lose and my feeling so good is saying to me that it will, I just need to be patient.

Best wishes.
  • Quote: Miss Maya

Over 10 weeks I have lost 22 pounds. 10 of that was P1. It had seemed the loss had slowed, but since July 1 I have lost 6. It motivates me to hang in there.

When I look at all the years of struggle I stay motivated to eat healthy. I don't eat anything not OP because I want to lose and my feeling so good is saying to me that it will, I just need to be patient.

Best wishes.
    Thanks Debbie! This is definitely helping me stay motivated! Though, I just ate a grilled chicken leg and feel kinda bad about it but oh well it happens. Just have to get back on tracj and stick with the plan. Thanks a lot!!!
  • Miss Maya

Don't feel bad about a chicken leg. Question a KFC extra crispy chicken leg.

Feeling bad is just setting yourself up. I believe that feeling good is essential. Certainly white meat would be a better choice, but what will really nullify your efforts on P1 is eating white flour and sugar. An isolated chicken leg is a higher fat choice, but staying away from sugar and unhealthy carbs (and all carbs) on P1 is helping to get rid of the cravings which make it impossible for many of us to stay on a "diet" long term.
  • We don't avoid all carbs on P1, just fruits and grains. Remember we still get healthy carbs (and need them!) from beans, dairy and veggies

To the original question - I lost about 80 lbs on SBD (about because my weight likes to fluctuate a couple of lbs on a daily basis)
  • i lost majoity of my weight on phase 1 because i stayed on it for a while because i saw the results. well after a while my body stoped losing weight and i became frustrated... so i went on to phase 2 and slowly the weight started to come off again..
    i weight myself every morning.. yes i know i shouldnt but i am addicted . this can either play out good or bad. if i lost a pound i am more motivated but if i gain im depressed and wondering how i could possible gain.. i know i must tell myself maybe its water weight or muscle mass .....