3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   SBD Success Stories (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/172546-sbd-success-stories.html)

CannieD 05-25-2009 11:12 PM

SBD Success Stories

I am starting SBD this week and would love to read success stories just from the SBD people. Would it be possible to see what everyone has accomplished on this way of eating. Nothing is more motivating than people who have succeeded!!

cottagebythesea 05-26-2009 06:22 AM

Cannie, we have had many success stories here on The Beach. If you do a search in this forum, you will find several threads celebrating our victories. :)
Here is a link to one of them -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...uccess+stories

CannieD 05-26-2009 10:11 AM

Cottagebythesea - we are very close in starting weight and height. How has your success been and how long have you been on this way of eating? I would like to lose about 40 lbs by the middle of November, which is about 25 weeks away, is that an atttainable goal?

femmecreole 05-26-2009 01:06 PM

I stared 2 years ago in April...went from a size 18 to a size 6...
feel fantastic, don't feel deprived at all and really enjoying life now..
took a lot of years off my face too!!!
Maintaining now with an occasional "no-no" (but it has to be something really really worth it!)....
I think it's the perfect plan for me in preventing what I saw coming in the future if I didn't get a handle on it.

SmilesIowa 05-26-2009 02:24 PM

I was going to ask this same question!! Success stories always help me when I'm feeling down and not sure I want to keep going on with the diet. I read the ones on other websites, but sometimes you don't know if they're real or not. I also saw on some of the forums how they have success stories and things in the sticky note area. Glad you asked the question!! :)

moncheree 05-26-2009 04:58 PM

I started South Beach on April 10,2009 weighing 160 pounds. Today, is May 26, 2009 and I weigh 137 pounds. I started out at a size 12/14. I am now wearing size 6 womens and 8/9 in juniors. :) Im a happy gal. I still want to lose about 25 pounds... and then I will be so so so happy. I am already halfway through my goal a month later! YIPPIE!!! GOOD LUCK! This diet is so easy.. because its NOT A DIET!!

destiny's mom 05-26-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moncheree (Post 2756943)
I started South Beach on April 10,2009 weighing 160 pounds. Today, is May 26, 2009 and I weigh 137 pounds. I started out at a size 12/14. I am now wearing size 6 womens and 8/9 in juniors. :) Im a happy gal. I still want to lose about 25 pounds... and then I will be so so so happy. I am already halfway through my goal a month later! YIPPIE!!! GOOD LUCK! This diet is so easy.. because its NOT A DIET!!

Way to go!! That is inspiring and great to hear!

CannieD 05-26-2009 09:07 PM

Keep the success stories coming, it just makes it that much easier for us that are just starting out and needing a little encouragement.

FemmeCreole - it is great to see that it is a way of life and that it works as such!

Moncheree - All I can say is "WOW". I hope I can do as well. Good luck.

destiny's mom 05-27-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femmecreole (Post 2756643)
I stared 2 years ago in April...went from a size 18 to a size 6...
feel fantastic, don't feel deprived at all and really enjoying life now..
took a lot of years off my face too!!!
Maintaining now with an occasional "no-no" (but it has to be something really really worth it!)....
I think it's the perfect plan for me in preventing what I saw coming in the future if I didn't get a handle on it.

WoW!! That is awesome!! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to get where you are!

SBD Sass 05-29-2009 07:06 PM

I don't have a story, but I have before and after in m sig.

CannieD 05-31-2009 11:33 PM

SBD Sass - tall girls rule...I wish I could say that. I'm not overweight, I'm undertall! You have done an amazing job. Wish me luck on my journey.

weezle 06-01-2009 11:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just recently found another good Before Pic (ugh how horrible I looked!) The quality on both these pics is TERRIBLE, because I don't have a scanner, but in the current pic, I'm in the black shirt.

It's taken me long enough, but I've FINALLY discovered my true food issues and realized that I just can't consume white flour or sugar without going on a 3 week binge. I orignally thought deep-down that I was subconsciously sabotaging myself, but really, any time I had just a smidge of white flour or sugar, I'd go nuts, binging endlessly on every food in the house.

Started at 160 lbs, size XXXL Top and Size 16 pants.
Currently at 113 lbs, size XS Top and Size 2 pants.

Ruthxxx 06-01-2009 01:26 PM

I'm moving this to the FAQ as we get asked a lot.

CannieD 06-01-2009 08:43 PM

Lets keep hearing all the great rewards for eating this way. I get on here everyday since I am still on phase I and still have craving issues. This helps keep me motivated. Thanks to all of you who tell your story.

kitty 06-04-2009 02:44 PM

I just started the South Beach this week. I am on day 3. I did this a couple of years ago and lost 35 pounds. It was amazing, but I didn't follow through with Phase 3. I will this time though.