Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #106  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i starting weighing every day just to check up on myself but only count my official weight on tuesdays. i just had to bump my ticker up half a pound
Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #107  

I am also an "every day weigher" but my official tracking day is Friday.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #108  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I may be wrong... I thought we couldn't 'legally' have dried fruit on SBD? I miss prunes and raisins.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 338 / 302 / 238

Height: 5'9"

My gym has an station that tracks weight, BMI, Body Fat %, and blood pressure. It only holds 5 readings at a time, but it stores the rest on an accessible website, so I was told by the trainer to do it once a week.

A few other tips he suggested:

- Do the data collection before my workout.
- Do it the same day (and time if possible) every week.

I find my daily readings to sporadic to help me usually on the digital scale at home. Since I'm trying to lose weight on a weekly basis (ie. 2-3 lbs a week), I'd rather not see that yo-yo'ing every day for psychological reasons.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 338 / 302 / 238

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steen View Post
I often forget to weigh myself, so when I remember (every couple of days) is usually when I do. Unless I feel like the scale will be up, then I skip it altogether for a few days.

How often do you step on the scale? How often is too often?
When I signed up for my gym, I got a 150.00 gift card to use towards classes or personal trainer services. I took the personal trainer and had my first session last night. He said to do it once a week, on the same day and time if I could, and before my workout. The reasoning being that your body settles into a cycle of water removal/retention, or electrolyte imbalance for the shock thing that tests body fat percentage.
Closed Thread