3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   fats (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/149370-fats.html)

mandi78 08-17-2008 09:46 PM

fats

Does mayo, salad dressing and margarine fall under the "Up to 2 Tbsp. of the following fats or oils are allowed daily" category? Thanks.

kaplods 08-17-2008 10:00 PM

My understanding is no, unless they are made with only SBD friendly ingredients. Hellman's makes an olive oil mayonaise and a canola oil mayonaise that might count.

murphmitch 08-17-2008 11:32 PM

From the sticky:

FATS/OILS

Up to 2 Tbsp. of the following fats or oils are allowed daily.
Monounsaturated oils are particularly recommended.

Monounsaturated Oils
canola
olive (particularly extra-virgin)

(Polyunsaturated Oils or a blend of Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated
Corn
Flaxseed
Grapeseed
Peanut
Safflower
Sesame
Soybean
Sunflower
Other Fat Choices:
Avocado - 1/3 whole = 1 TBS oil
Guacamole - 1/2 cup = 1 TBS oil
Margarine - Trans Fat Free 2 TBS
Mayonnaise - Regular - 1 TBS
Mayonnaise - Low Fat - 2 TBS (avoid varieties made with high fructose corn syrup)
Olives (Green or Ripe) 15 = 1/2 TBS oil
Salad Dressing - 2 TBS. Use those that contain 3 grams of sugar or less per 2 TBS. Best choices contain canola or olive oil. Low carb salad dressings may also be used if they meet these guidelines.

For some of the selections, 2 Tbs is a serving such as LF Mayo, salad dressings.

mandi78 08-18-2008 12:00 AM

Yeah, I read that on the sticky. I guess I didn't word my question correctly. What I meant was are we limited on the amount of salad dressing, mayo, etc we can have to only the 2 servings? I don't remember there being a limit when I did SBD in the past.

Schmoodle 08-18-2008 11:35 AM

mandi, yes we are limited to 2T or 2 servings/day.

KO 08-18-2008 12:39 PM

you can always fenagle an alternative dressing
I put a lot of spices on my salad
Or tzaziki sauce
or salsa

newcreation2911 08-28-2008 04:11 PM

I feel silly asking this :o but I want to be sure I doing this the right way. So this list of fats/oils...are you suppose to pick one of these to have or could you have more than one a day? For example could I have a salad w/ salad dressing and olives? Thanks so much for your help...I am trying to be a quick learner!

~Liz

murphmitch 08-28-2008 05:28 PM

The olives serving listed above is = 1/2 TBS. of fat, so you could either have that and 1TBS dressing to equal one of your servings, or with 2 TBS dressing and count it as 1 1/2 servings of your 2 TBS daily serving. Make sense?

newcreation2911 08-29-2008 10:00 AM

Thank you so much Anne! I think I get it now!

~Liz