Old 01-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #1  

Default Kraft BBQ?

I thought I read on the boards that Kraft put out a legal BBQ sauce. I checked the WinnDixie, Publix and Walmart in my area and the only Kraft product I found was labeled "Lite", as in calories. It did not specifically say No Sugar Added. It did have less sugar than the others, it came in at 3g per 2TBS. Is this acceptable? If not, what should I be looking for as far as sugar per/serving?

Thanks!
Rubberduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #2  

I think I only have one grocery store chain in my area, Albertson's, that stocks the right one. It is Kraft Carb Well Original and has the South Beach phase 1, 2, 3 label on it.

It has 2grams of sugar in 2 TBSP although 3 grams of carbs per serving. It might be the same product in a different label. It as 15 calories, 0 from fat, 390 sodium.

Sucralose (Splenda) is listed in the ingredients but so sugar and molasses. I can use this one just fine. You can also make your own barbecue sauce but I found this to be easier. I just buy several bottles at a time since it isn't my regular store and it tends to last me a year since I don't use BBQ sauce a lot.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Walden Farms also puts out an excellent BBQ sauce that has no calories, no fat, no sugar, no carbs.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #4  
Cookie??!?!!

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'4

Rubberduck - If you go to netrition.com they have the Kraft Lo-Carb BBQ sauce you can order it. Along with a whole lotta other products.

Last edited by Sarae878; 03-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Sarae878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #5  

Sarae878, that's really great! Thank you soo much!
Rubberduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I found a Masterpiecs "low-calorie" sauce that has 2g of carb per 2 tbs. It was in a sell-out store, though so I don't know if it's a product still being made or whether it's been discontinued. There are also some very good sounding (haven't tried any yet) low carb and SBD friendly bbq sauce recipes online. I just googled and found tons of them.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I haven't been able to find the Kraft Carb Well bbq sauce near me, either. I've resorted to making my own (I posted the recipes here in the SBD recipes section). It's not quite the same, but it does the trick for me on my chicken I make it with Splenda and some sf maple syrup. I was going to order the Walden Farms ones to try, but I never did since it's cheaper to make my own.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote