Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Soup question

I'm spreading my towel on the beach again after wandering away for close to a year (and gaining back 10 lbs). Since I didn't make use of soup last time around, I have a question:

When/how does soup fit into your daily plan? Is it in place of a full meal or as an appetizer? Or does it depend on the type of soup, say lentil vs a more broth/less substance soup?

Thanks!
Donna
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Soup usually is a meal for me. Be it chicken noodle or a thick broccoli/cheese number, It replaces lunch. I usually have a couple crackers for dipping with my soup, and carrot sticks.

I love having soup, no matter what time of the year it is!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I love soup. I could eat it every day. I'm happy with it for a meal, particularly a nice thick hearty soup like bean or minestrone. But I eat lighter soups along with other things for a meal or as a snack. This week I'm trying a cold avocado soup recipe as a go-along with a mexican casserole.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 AM   #4  

For me it depends on the soup and the meal. I make broccoli cheese soup as a meal for dinner or lunch but Indian tomato is a lunch but with dinner I usually have a small cup and have it with the Pork and Pepper Salad from the cookbook.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #5  

Thanks to all for your responses!
Donna
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/132/100

Height: 5'0"

I love soup for lunch but i hate taking the time to make it every time i want some so I make a double or triple batch and freeze it one portion at a time in freezer bags and thaw it the night before or put it in the microwave on defrost just untill you can break apart the ice by hand (the freezer bags can melt) and i put it in bowl and nuck on high till hot and steamy. I find this works best with pureed veggie soups like tomato or asaragus.
viksmom is offline   Reply With Quote