3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   Eat As Much As You Want? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/118926-eat-much-you-want.html)

shrinkinglizzy 07-26-2007 03:31 PM

Eat As Much As You Want?

Hey,
So, i've scoured the internet for some support/sympathy here, and found nothing. My question:
In the book, there are plans for every day of the first two weeks, including snacks. There is also a list of allowed foods and not-allowed foods. So, am I supposed to be following the meal plans exactly, or is there room to eat nuts, other cheeses, etc? My mom is on this diet and she said just stick to the meal plans. I'm basically looking for someone to tell me differently than that! Why would he put those lists in along with the meal plans, with no explanations?? I'm so confused. Also, are you REALLY able to eat as much as you want? Cause I could probably down an entire package of string cheese...
Day 3 on the diet and i'm loving it so far, but already getting a little tired of celery and Laughing Cow cheese.
Thank you in advance,
Sonja

tomandkara 07-26-2007 07:12 PM

Welcome, Sonja!

The idea of Phase 1 is to eliminate the body's response to simple carbs that leads to craving more simple carbs, so the focus during that time is not so much on portion control as it is on eliminating particular trigger foods from your diet.

Personally, I have to watch portion sizes or I can't lose. You might be in the same boat, having not a huge amount to go before you get to your goal.

Regarding the meal plans, they're there as examples. Of course, you can substitute other approved foods. Try to get at least 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day and two cups of dairy and some beans every day as well.

Be careful when you move into Phase 2 that you don't follow those meal plans in the book because they introduce things too quickly. When you finish your two weeks on Phase 1 reintroduce the carbs and fruit very slowly, like one serving a day for a week and then a second serving of a carb or fruit for the second week, etc. If you overwhelm your body by just starting to eat everything again, those cravings will probably rear their ugly heads again.

Hope that helps a bit! Join us in the daily chat!!!

Kara

shrinkinglizzy 07-26-2007 09:03 PM

Thanks!

That's wonderful and makes so much sense. Thank you!

Schmoodle 07-26-2007 10:03 PM

Welcome Sonja! I found the book confusing in some ways too! The first time I did phaseI, I stuck to the menus in the book. The second time, I didn't, just stayed on the food lists, and didn't focus on portion sizes, but only lost 5 lbs on Phase I. That was okay, because I was more concerned about "detoxing" from sugar. After I found this site, I found the food lists and serving guides here more helpful than the book. I would say, if you are hungry, eat something, just not the whole package. Keep reading here, and ask questions, and you'll get the hang of it.