Old 08-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Kashi GoLean Frozen Waffles

I recently bought a box of Kashi GoLean frozen blueberry waffles. They are sooo good. For a serving of two waffles, they have 8 g protein, 6 g fiber, 3 g fat, and 170 calories.
Ingredients: Water, Unbleached/Unenriched Wheat Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Wild Blueberries, Soy Protein Isolate, Evaporated Cane Juice, Red Wheat Bran, Oat fiber, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Chicori Root Fiber, Kashi Seven Whole Grains and Sesame Flour, Baking Powder, Natural Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Egg White Powder, Whey Powder.

I read through the food list and Barb's sticky about choosing breads and seems like these are really close to being SB friendly. The only questionables are the Evaporated Cane Juice (4 g sugars per serving), and the amount of fiber (6 g for 84 g serving/approx 3 oz.) The food list recommends 3 g fiber per ounce. The recommendation for sugars just says choose breads with as little sugar as possible. What do you guys think about these? I have eaten them and didn't seem to experience any cravings, etc.
I would love to keep them around for an occasional breakfast treat, although I wouldn't eat them more than once or twice a week. They were great with a smear of peanut butter or a little sf syrup.
Why did they have to put that stupid cane juice in there anyway?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle,
If you can eat the waffles without experiencing cravings, then go ahead and have them for an occasional breakfast treat. All in all, they are still pretty much a healthy choice.
I love all the Kashi products, especially their Pumpkin Spice Flax TLC bars, but I try to save them for a special treat. I wish they'd use a sugar substitute instead of the evaporated cane juice, but then that would be against their principles, I guess.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lets hope they explore stevia and erythritol, both of which are 'natural' sweeteners, sometime soon! I love Kashi's products too.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote