Old 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #1  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Red face Long time beacher still has questions!!

Ok, so I have been doing this a while now but still have a few questions. I know lentils are allowed in Phase 1. What about canned lentil soup from Progresso? Also, I have been told yes to sour cream (low fat, no sugar) and I have been told no because it is dairy. If it has no sugar isn't it ok? I like to put powdered ranch dip with it and make a dip for celery slices. And lastly, tomato juice is ok but not tomato paste or tomato soup? Have the allowable food lists changed with newer addidtions of the book? I have just started Phase one AGAIN and want to make sure I am up on the latest.
luvscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

To the best of my knowledge, Progresso lentil soup is appropriate for P1 and beyond (I've had it myself on P1).

Reduced fat sour cream is all right. It counts against your two cups of dairy for the day.

Tomato paste and tomato soup are fine. However, most processed tomato soups include sugar or other non-SB appropriate add-ons. I know the SB cookbooks have several recipes for tomato soup, all marked as appropriate for P1. I eat these tomato soups weekly without problems.

Yes, the food lists have changed. I believe most, if not all, of the updates are posted in the forum.

Good luck!
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, do check out the revised Phase I list in the FAQ section. You will note that tomatoes have been added to the veggie section as has a whole section on dairy!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote