Old 05-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #1  
B Easy

S/C/G: 188/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Lunches for Phase 1?

Okay everyone I start my diet tomorrow, even though I am very disheartened right due to the many days I have spent in the grocery store (3 in the last two days) And I went through everything on my list from the recipes that I want to use however I feel that maybe I haven't gotten enough and I really have bummed myself out. Does anyone has suggestions what I should eat for lunch, I know that salad is going old real quick so if anyone has any others that would be great.

wish me luck
daoriginalbridy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

daoriginalbridy, here is a link to some great ideas for lunches.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84859
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/130/130

Height: 5'4"

during phase one (and still in phase 2) I would try to make a double batch of dinner, that way we didn't have to worry about lunch the next day, we just had left overs and it worked great. I would also bake some extra chicken and have salad with chicken if it didn't work to have left overs. It is amazing how many different ways you can make a salad (or the chicken on the salad) so you don't get burnt out on it. Some of our favorites were fajita salads....with chicken, peppers, onions and lf sour cream and salsa or buffalo chicken salads, toss the chicken in buffalo sauce, add some cheese, peppers, cucumbers and dressing. In a pinch I would buy tuna packets and have that instead of chicken and it was great too.
amberj002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  

My current favorites:
-Turkey roll ups with lf cheese and a bit of guacamole
-Layed taco dip in a cup: same thought as the regular dip, except in a small tupperware. I eat it with a fork. You could dip other veggies into it to keep the dip idea....I just love beans and cheese.
-Chef Salad with oil and vinegar and TONS of veggies!

I usually stick to a few items for lunches. I don't vary a lot.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!
healthy4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Great Idea!

Healthy4good, thanks for the good idea for lunch. I am on Phase I and not much of a salad eater. After the first two days, I wasn't sure I could choke down another salad! I tried your 7 layer dip salad idea and it has been my favorite lunch so far. I love mexican food, beans, cheese, guacamole, all that. I put a layer of beans, a layer of sliced avocado or guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, lowfat shredded cheese, taco sauce, top with sliced black olives and a little lowfat sour cream - so yummy! Anyway, I wanted to let you know you helped me stick with the diet.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote