I am new to SB and I saw a recipe posted on the Phase 1 entree board for white chili. This is my husbands absolute favorite food that I make and we can't believe that is is Phase 1 friendly! My question is, can you use great northern beans from a jar or do they have to be dried? And second, is salsa a Phase 1 approved food?
I have that recipe, I think. I haven't made it yet, but it looks great.
Southwest White Chicken Chili
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon cilantro leaves
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes*
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 can (or 2 cups) chicken broth
• 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chilies
• 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney beans (Cannellini) drained and rinsed
• Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
Combine garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and red pepper in a small dish and stir until well blended. Set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes and stir-fry from 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and continue cooking for a few minutes, until onion is translucent. Stir in chicken broth, chilies, and spices. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes. Stir in beans and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. If soup is too thick, add 1/2 cup to 1 cup water to desired consistency. Pour into serving bowls and top with cheese and sliced green onions.
Please read about my full weight loss journey here
WOL: On the Beach
SW on 1/27/07: 155 lbs
First mini goal: break 140 pounds
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.