Old 09-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/166/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Magical Greek Yogurt Dressings!

I just discovered greek yogurt this year. How did i go all this time not knowing about it!

In addition to a high protein breakfast food, I'm using it a lot for salad dressings. You can produce a dressing that nets 30 calories per quarter cup, with 6g protein, only a couple of carbs and no fat depending on the ingredients you select.

Last week I experimented with a "creamy italian" style dressing. I put in 1 cup greek yogurt, some fresh basil and oregano, fresh garlic cloves, a long orange pepper that I found at the farmer's market that I don't know the name of a dash of balsamic, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend this in the food processor and serve with your favorite salad. Even if you go wild and use the whole batch on your salad, at worst you're only adding 120 calories and ZERO fat if you use the fat free greek yogurt.

Last edited by SunnyP; 09-19-2009 at 01:13 PM.
SunnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/159.8/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

WOW...sounds delicious! I make my own yogurt and will have to experiment making my own salad dressings with it. Thanks!
fjcinzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the recipe, Sunny. I just discovered Greek yogurt this year as well and have thought the very same thing about going so long without knowing about it. It is a wonder food, in my book--no fat and a lot of protein. I eat it every day.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Wow Sunny, your salad dressing sounds great. I use the Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. And I just had a bowl of it with agave about 10 minutes ago!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote