Old 10-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Default I am a cous-cous GENIUS! (and you can be, too!)

Earlier today I compiled a list of stuff I wanted to grab on my first trip to Trader Joe's -- I had never been before, so I didn't know what to expect. I came onto 3FC this morning and looked up the most common things people said they loved (greek yogurt, wheat couscous, soups, etc.) and went to TJ's and LOOOOOOOOVED ITTTTT!! I can't believe how great that place is!!!

THANK YOU 3FC!!

I bought the Corn and Roasted Pepper soup that everyone seemed to love so much and was a little nervous about trying it because I wasn't sure about the flavors. I also bought the whole wheat cous-cous. On the way home, thinking about dinner, I was trying to figure out a way to combine the two so I could try TWO of my new TJ's items....and it was sooooooooooooooooooo good!!

I made the couscous as recommended, except instead of boiling water, I boiled the soup!! I didn't use ANY butter, and didn't put in any salt, either. It came out PERFECT and even my boyfriend loved it!

So, here's how:

Boil 1 cup of TJ's Corn and Roasted Pepper Soup
Remove from heat, add 1 cup of whole wheat couscous, cover, wait 5 minutes.
After the 5 minutes, I added a few tablespoons more of the soup just to make the couscous nice and moist, then fluffed it with a fork and served with some grilled lemon chicken.

SO SO DELICIOUS!! Try it!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Great idea! Thanks for sharing
I almost always use a soup broth or V8 juice instead of water for making couscous. AND, I bought the roasted pepper soup at TJ a couple weeks ago. So I will give it a try this week.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote