3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet > South Beach Recipes > Salads - Phase 2

how about a yummy fresh tuna salad?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs up how about a yummy fresh tuna salad?

The recipe is from Rachael Ray so it takes less than 30 min. Bonus!

This will serve 2.

Fill a pan of water with enough water to cover 1 tuna steak. Add a pinch of whole peppercorns, 1 bay leaf and squeeze 1/2 lemon into water and then toss the peel in too. Bring to a boil and add 1 tuna steak. Poach it for a just a couple minutes. It's ok if the middle is still pink but you can cook it til it's not if you like. Take the tuna out and flake it in a bowl with a fork.

All of the above steps could be skipped and you could just opena can of tuna in a pinch but the top part really does make it fabulous.

To the tuna add your favorites of chopped artichoke hearts, black olives, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, capers, etc anything that has a big flavor. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a bit of olive oil. Mix all together and spread on one slice of your heartiest healthiest bread!

So good! So so good!

I will not surrender. I will not turn against myself when things get tough. I will never show weakness on the outside. The tougher and tighter the situation the more I will love it.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.