S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Default tabouli and falafel salad

Falafel
-2 cans drained chickpeas
-1/2 chopped onion
-2 garlic cloves
-1/2 bunch chopped green onions
-2 tbs peanut butter (I omit due to allergies but I'm sure it would be good either way)
-cumin, allspice, and pepper to taste (I prefer mine a bit spicier and overload on all the spices, but many people can't deal with it)
-sesame seeds to garnish (optional)

Put everything into a food processor and blend up. I leave mine a bit chunky with whole chickpeas left in the mix, but see how you like it. Form into balls or heaps and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes in 400 degree oven.

You could also add a few tablespoons of whole wheat flour to give it a more doughy texture to form into balls, but I don't mind baking in heaps.

Tabouli

-few handfuls of mixed field greens
-few handfuls of flat leaf parsley (play around with the mixtures of the two, most tabouli I've had is all parsley but I like a bit of field greens or spinach mixed in as well)
-5-6 choppd roma tomatoes
-1/2 bunch chopped green onions
-1/2 chopped onion
-1/4 cup bulger wheat

Soak bulger wheat in cold water- just enough to cover the top of the wheat- for 30 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Toss all of the ingredients together. Add falafel on top.

You can top with lemon juice, watered down tahini, or balsamic vinegar. You can also eat it in a whole wheat pita pocket to go.
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ALi that looks Awesome!! I'd probably skip the tabouleh I'm kinda allergic to parsley ( some veggies I can't eat at some times of the year) or try it just with spring mix/baby spinach

Definitely something to try with my next gastronomic sojourn. . .
Could I use any beans?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

Yummy!
Sunnybunny is offline   Reply With Quote