Wow, I stumbled on this recipe on allrecipes.com, it is DELISH!!
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 green onions
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Rinse kidney beans under cold water. Drain well.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine beans, red pepper, cabbage, onions, feta, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
My notes - Many recommended cilantro instead of parsley, which I I had on hand. But, it was so delish without it, I didn't add either!
- they mentioned you can use chickpeas instead of red kidneys (or one of each). I was surprised at how much I liked the reds in there!
- I just used full fat feta. This is only 245 calories per serving, and the flavor is amazing.
- I used maybe 1/4 cup regular finely chopped onion.
Here's the original: