Okay, sounds weird, I know, but it's pretty good.
1 small turnip
1 small pear
1 tbsp flour or cornstarch
Olive oil (for frying)
cinnamon to taste
1. Peel and wash the turnip, grate with a fine cheese grater.
2. Grate the pear, skin and all (don't want to lose any fibre).
3. Remove as much moisture as you can by straining and then blotting with paper towel. If you don't, they won't stay together well at all.
4. Put it all in a bowl. Add egg and flour/cornstarch. Mix well.
5. Heat pan and add olive oil. 1 tsp per batch works fine.
6. Add your 'batter' to the pan in approx. 3 inch patties (easier to flip).
7. Fry as you would a normal pancake.
Goes wonderfully with homemade strawberry syrup (nothing but strawberries cooked in a pot on low heat and crushed to make syrup).