I came up with my own version of egg frittata based on different recipes. It makes a large pan (9X13) which is six large filling low calorie servings. I find it tastes great cold the next day as well.
I use full fat cheddar because the flavor is much nicer than reduced fat cheese. The recipe still comes out low calorie and with a better taste. You can use reduced fat cheeses if you wish.
1 carton "just egg whites"
1/4 cup milk
8 slices of turkey bacon, I use Lillydale Daystarters (25 cals per slice)
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
90 grams sharp (extra old) cheddar cheese, shredded
60 - 90 grams crumbled light feta
garlic powder, salt and pepper, Mrs. dash to taste
1. Saute all veggies except tomato until tender.
2. Pour cooked veggies in a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with light cooking spray
3.Brown turkey bacon and dice into small pieces
3. Arrange tomato and bacon on top of veggies.
4. Beat the whole carton of liquid egg whites with 1/4 cup milk. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
5. Pour egg mixture evenly over veggies.
6.Top with three cheeses
7.Bake at 375 for 25 minutes until middle is set. I usually turn the oven to grill and brown the cheese on the top for 5 additional minutes (watch closely) Let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting
Nutrition: 1/6th of recipe
220 calories, 9g fat, 12g carbs, 25g protein