Wow, I'm not much of a cook, but I impressed myself with this one
I didn't measure all the ingredients (they were all very low cal), so this is a somewhat rough estimate, but all the higher cal foods were measured.
Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 24oz chicken (about 3 big skinless boneless breasts)
- 2 tbsp canned diced green chiles
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp of the adobo sauce from the can
- 1 can of Mexican roasted tomatoes with green peppers
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp basalmic vinegar
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade (mine is sweetened with splenda, just 10cal/tbsp)
- couple squirts of lime juice
Preheat to 375deg.
Mix everything in a baking dish with the chicken breasts. Bake for 30-45min, until chicken is done.
Shred chicken and serve on tortillas. (I used Missionaries low carb tortillas, 80 cal each).
This made BIG servings, and I used 2 tortillas for my meal. It was 405 cal for the dinner. You could easily just use one tortilla and divide the chicken into 5 servings for a lower calorie main dish and have a side dish. But I was all about some tacos tonight, haha. It was yummy...quite spicy, but the sweet tangy flavors also came through.