Old 08-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Pray! Missing Dog

My poodle (13 years old) is missing. She got out earlier today. She is half blind and deaf and skittish. I am VERY worried. Mitzi gets disoriented and I am scared for her. I've had her since she was a baby. She's a momma's baby.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

I am sorry about your doggie... and I just said a prayer for her... and you too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #3  

What I hate is worrying about her overnight when there is nothing I can do about her at midnight. I made a flyer. We drove around the neighborhood. That's all we can do. Gosh, then when I do wake up I can look around the neighborhood, call humane society, and put posters up (with 3 little kids in tow). Most folks wont even be home until 6pm for door knocking or even to see the flyers. She never goes more than 2 feet from me. I am getting a COLLAR! She just started going blind not too long ago so this wouldn't have been an issue before. She would have barked her head off at the door instead of becoming disoriented and running away not realizing where she is. DRAT! I should have been smarter.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #4  
Hot girl under some fat

S/C/G: Over 250/?/199

Height: 5-5

oh my heart goes out to you. i'll say a prayer. i know how it feels, its hard when an animal has a huge effect on you. Good luck.
blondie728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

oh my gosh, so sorry to here! I hope you find her
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I know how hard this is. I hope you find her. I had our 2 Labradors dig out last summer and get lost. They were gone for 10 days. We missed them so bad. We put posters up all over town with their pictures. Then one day, an older gentleman called us and told us he had our dogs. When I went to get them, his 20 yr. old son with Down's Syndrome was there petting them. It was so sweet. We thanked them profusely and I gave the son a $20.00 reward for keeping my dogs safe. I saw this young man this morning at our local cafe. He remembered me and gave me a big hug. He was smiling from ear to ear. It turned out to be a happy ending and I hope yours does too. Best wishes and a prayer to you and your doggie.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Oh my heart aches for you. I hope she comes back. My dog gets out constantly, whenever the kids forget to shut the back door tight, she knocks it open and runs. Usually she goes to the neighbor lady's house because she runs a rescue home for dogs and is an animal lover. But somedays she just runs and runs and I just wait for her to come back. She is a Siberian Husky and impossible to catch. I just pray she doesn't run into the busy street in front of my house.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Well, sweety, I know this may not be what you want to hear, but....She's thirteen years old. Maybe she went away to be alone so she could pass away. My dog, Suzy, did that years and years ago. She was old and got out one night. She found a place to hide and she died. Although it's not something we want to have to go through, maybe it was just Mitzi's time.

On the other hand, if that's not the case, I hope you find her safe and sound. Give her kisses and enjoy your last years with her. My golden retriever was 15 years old and just passed away in November. You will cherish those last moments.

I'll pray for you!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #9  

I seriously did think she went away in this house somewhere and died. I dreamed her and it was so real that I was awake enough to put my hearing aide on and text message 2 people that I found her. The only thing that didnt quite ring true was that I vaguely thought I remembered seeing her come out from underneath our bed and the bedskirt. We don't have a bedskirt anymore. All morning I insisted she was in this house and she must have gone somehwere and died and that was why she had the peculier behavior. Turns out, I was the peculier one. She was safely tucked in someone's house YESTERDAY and they saw her tougue hanging out and it was hot and they took her in. We were 40 signs into doing an all out neighbhorhood advertizing blitz. I had 125 printed. Someone noticed the sign on our van and rang the door and told us her NEW neighbor (who was still moving in) had found a dog yesterday. Sur enough..it was Mitzi. Even though she doesn't go more than 2 feet from me (if she leaves the bedroom), we are getting her a TAG. I should have gotten that a while back but before she was able enough to see her way back to the door.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9

Aww!! I'm so happy for you that you found her!! Give her lots of hugs and smooches!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #11  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

Red face

I'm so glad you found her! A pet going missing is a tough thing to deal with, especially when they are older and have heath problems. You always have to assume the worst. Glad it ended well in this case!!
snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Thank Goodness!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Very glad to hear you found her!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #14  

Put a tag on your baby "no name"
Old 08-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #15  
Starting Fresh

I hope to have a name for her by the end of the week. We are also looking at Microchipping her. The like to do it when they fix them at 6 months. But I think that is too long to wait, they will do it with her next shot in two weeks but it will be more painful for her.