Old 01-20-2014, 02:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default My new Princess

I brought home a new furbaby today, a dumbo rat I named Princess.

So far ChubCub, our elderly, arthritic cat hasn't shown any interest at all. We think her hearing and vision is fading, and this pretty much proves it (or maybe she lived with caged rodents in her previous home).

That, or she figures there's no use getting excited over prey she has no chance of catching. She can't get up on the couch anymore, let alone scale three tiers of storage shelves. Not that she's ever had much of a prey drive. She cries like she's dying of fright when she sees a spider until hubby comes and kills it for her.

Once hubby brought a still-living bass home from a fishing trip in a bucket of lake water. Chub took one look and began hissing up a storm, and wouldn't turn her back on the bucket until the fish was dispatched.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...size=960%2C720
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking

Kaplods,

I am very happy for you! I hope that Princess is getting used to her new home well and that she makes a wonderful addition to your home. I like pet rats, I used to have pet mice.

Take care and congrats!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #3  

Thanks Amy, sorry I didn't see your response sooner. It's been kind of hectic around here this past week as Princess appears to be pregnant, and we've also had a human houseguest, a friend of my husband.

There's been much debate as whether Princess is pregnant, but as the days have passed, there's been more and more evidence that she is.

I've never had a pet have babies, so I'm a bit nervous.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #4  

I found a stillborn pup this morning. It's sad, but since Princess is only a baby herself, it's probably for the best. Sad though.