Old 08-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #16  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Yes, they are. They are super nice people too, if you ever need to contact Champion you will get a person and they are interested in helping you resolve your question.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
I think the company that makes Acana is the same company that makes Orijen.
Exactly, Diana.

Last edited by Matisse; 08-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Boykin Spaniel
I asked his breed because it tends to be small dogs that are really prone to teeth troubles.

In addition to bully sticks we feed our dogs marrow bones and other RMB's (raw meaty bones) as treats - like beef neck and rib bones. Chewing on those bones keeps their teeth really clean and white so we don't need to brush them.

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
I asked his breed because it tends to be small dogs that are really prone to teeth troubles.

In addition to bully sticks we feed our dogs marrow bones and other RMB's (raw meaty bones) as treats - like beef neck and rib bones. Chewing on those bones keeps their teeth really clean and white so we don't need to brush them.

Jen
Do you feed them the bones raw or do you cook them?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Raw!!! It's great for them!!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #21  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Raw!!! It's great for them!!!
Thank you. I will keep that in mind.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #22  

Hello

Was just browsing 3FC when I noticed this thread

I quit breeding dogs about 6 years ago, but when I did I bought (by the pallet) a good quality dog food and fed it to all, new puppies included.

When I first started off with litters of puppies I did things like cook liver or eggs etc for them, softened dry dog food for them and bought puppy chow. Some litters later on I noticed very young puppies eating the dry dog food from the *****es bowl or what had been knocked out. At like 4 weeks old they handled it fine. I tried a litter on the dry adult dog food and they did great. And the big plus of it was the same cost of food as for the *****. No messy areas to clean, no bowls to clean, and best of all, NO FLIES. I raised over a hundred litters (from 7 to 13 pups per litter) on dry quality adult dog food, and they did great, every single one of them. The dry dog food helps them teeth, is very sanitary and works great. I cannot say enough about it.

As a kennel owner I paid close attention to the food labels on the dog different dog foods. Science diet has the same formula in the same amounts as Old Roy (Walmart brand) and other very low priced dog foods. I considered, and still do, Science Diet is nothing more than a scam and rip off. Veterinarians handle Science Diet because they make such a huge profit margin on the junk.

Purina makes many different types of animal foods, and different types of each of them and they are used by poultry farmers, egg producers, milk cows, cattle feed lots for meat, hog feed, both for piglets, meat hogs and farrowing sows. Plus the same for goat, sheep, rabbit etc. There are several reputable dog food manufacturers, many which make dog food for more than one brand of dog food. I recommend using any that do not have chicken by-products in it, as feathers, which are indigestible, are counted as protein. Which ever is first on the label is the highest percentage in the bag, and is listed in decending order.

I mostly fed Diamond dog food.

I now only have two dogs, both *****es which I do not breed. They are fed the store brand of local grocery here, which unless you are in Southern California you do not have. But the labeled contents are fine. They are self fed all they want of this along with table scraps and whatever they can beg from me-- which is practically anything I eat Yeah, I am a softy

To the lady which says her dogs eat corn from the garden, take supreme caution that they do not get any corn cobs. They are indigestible. One of my premium dogs got hold of a garbage sack and got some corn cobs out. Nearly lost him, and it cost me almost $6000.00 to save him. A piece lodged in his intestines and had to be surgically removed.

My dogs were working dogs and I fed them the highest fat dog food because of that, plus I fed over a hundred pounds a week of beef fat to them to keep enough meat on the bones. The best shape for a working dog is where the ribs are still defined, but the dog very muscular.

The two I have now have a large can of high fat dog food kept filled for them, eating all they want, plus all the squirrels and rabbits they can catch to eat, which is plenty

Plus my table scraps.

Love my dogs

B F R

Last edited by Big Fat Rooster; 09-24-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: The reason for the ****** is 3FT blocks out the correct name for a female of the canine species :D
Big Fat Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote