Old 06-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #31  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

@Marniadec: Your baby was georgeous, and what a trooper! She reminds me of my own baby, Sabbat. Me and him grew up together, quite literally. He was always "momma's cat" but I always thought of him as my baby. My four-legged, attention whoreish little brother. I don't know how he came to be in our family of dog-loving people, but boy did he own the house! He always trained the dogs to know HE was boss. Not them. It was always quite comical. The dogs always gave him a wide berth, or, if they felt like antagonizing him (which they did on many an occasion), they would try and play with him. When he was younger, he would play back, but as he grew old and annoyed with the "lesser species" (as I'm sure he saw them!) he would just bat at their noses and hiss a few times, and they'd get the picture.
He was the sweetest thing otherwise though. He was born in 2000, and he stayed with our family through thick and thin. We moved a lot when I was younger-we lived in Arizona when it wasn't the best time to live there- and he had many chances to run away, but he never did. He put up with little kids slamming his tail in the door on accident- the last inch or so of his tail was forever bent because of it! He even survived a Diamondback Rattlesnake bite to the cheekbone! He was our little trooper. And god was he an attention hog! Lol. My mom sews a lot, and he'd always make it his business to sit right where she was cutting or pinning, or just sat on the fabric. Every night, he'd sleep right on top of one of our heads (usually my mother's) like a little four-legged hat.
We lost him to an animal attack at the end of May. It killed me to find out, because I'm away at school right now, and I couldn't be there to say goodbye. Our four lovely dogs Kyrie, Hunter, Loki and Saraphin came to his rescue, but they were too late. I leave for summer break/graduation leave on the 27th, and this will be the first time I will ever be home without him there. I don't know how I'm going to take it..... He was our Football Cat, because of how overweight he was. Whenever he layed down, his big pudge would fan out and swallow up his legs and he looked just like a football- narrow at both ends with a lot of love in the middle. I think it was his choice to be overweight honestly, because he'd always been an outdoor-indoor cat.
Here's a picture of Hunter, one of Sabbat's rescuers, and our little love-pudge. He's a Puggle, and his litter brother Loki is super skinny! Hunter's always been a little pudge-pudge, ever since we brought him home. We figure he was the runt of the litter, because of how tiny he was when we got him. He and Loki both survived Puppy Parvo, but Loki had scared us the most- he ended up getting the sickest of the two. At first we thought that Hunter was so pudgy due to overfeeding or something, but as he grew, he kept his pudge. He's definitley a lover, but he loves to run around with the other three dogs just as much as he loves to sleep on my dad's lap-like he's doing here!
Our other two dogs Kyrie and Saraphin are a Brindle Pet-quality Great Dane, and a Glen Imaal Terrier Respectively. Sara was a rescue pup from a puppy mill bust down in California. We figure by her look that she's some sort of long-haired terrier. And Kyrie and the two boys were bought from people who just didn't want them anymore. The boys were left by the seller's brother, and the seller couldn't keep them. Kyrie's original name was Roxy, and the owners couldn't understand why she would never come to her name! We found out, by changing her name to Valkyrie or Kyrie for short, that she just hated her name! She, like pretty much all Great Danes, loved to hit her damn tail on EVERYTHING. Thankfully, she grew out of that! We're still trying to train all of them to NOT jump on people when they come in the door.
Unfortunately, for reasons we're not quite sure of, Kyrie and Sara don't get along anymore. Kyrie contracted something that makes her scratch everywhere, all the time, and she has no hair on her backside or her tail because of it. We tried changing her diet-figuring she was allergic to something- no luck. We've had issues with fleas, so we've attemted to irradicate them- again, no luck on her improvement. But, long story short, Kyrie's attacked Sarah many times, thus making Sara a very skiddish puppy again. She was very skiddish when she first came to us- mostly because she was so tiny (she could fit in the palm of your hand!). We figure most attacks have been because Kyrie is very overprotective of her backside, understandably, and Sara's gotten too close before. But there's been a couple of times where it was unprovoked. So we keep them seperated.
Sorry for the long post! Just thought to share my four-legged-family story. We also have one, okay..Three other cats. Esbat who is Sabbat's granddaughter, great-granddaughter, and (I believe) great-great granddaughter. And then we have Ludo and Marbles who are my brother's cats and are both Polydactyles!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1554637237493.jpg (26.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by CrimsonTears; 07-08-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: More about my family, and to cut the length. :)
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #32  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink snickers!

Hi there,

I tried to upload this recent photo of Snickers, he's getting a little chubby! Over 2 lbs. We're working on that though!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (39.0 KB, 10 views)
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:10 AM   #33  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

My kitties!

FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #34  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Fera-

They are gorgeous!! Are those tortoise shell?!

Amy
Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #35  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Yes, they are torties, complete with the attitude they are known for lol.

We adopted them as adults a few years ago. They are litter mates, and their previous owner died and her husband either couldn't, or didn't want to, care for them.

Fun fact: Pixie (the one on the right in both photos) we call her our "pastor cat" and she's such a daddy's girl. We noticed the marking on her neck a couple days after we brought them home.

My husband is tentatively scheduled for ordination at the end of next month, and is currently talking to a church about becoming their pastor. She was meant to be our kitty.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

My chihuahuas #1
9 lb male
Brindle and white
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.3 KB, 9 views)
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Chihuahua #2
4lbs female
Black and Tan
This is Bitsy. The male is Beanie, but he is called Mink. I dunno why, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.2 KB, 10 views)
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #38  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

FERA-

They're beautiful! I love their eyes!

I tried uploading another photo of Snickers...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.8 KB, 9 views)