Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default Would like you to meet my horse

I wanted to show a few pictures of my pony, Nick. Though he isint actually a pony, but I like to call him one. He is a 16.2hh Canadian Thoroughbred gelding though he was born in Kentuckey. For those who might follow racing, he is out of Alydeed and Lady Trickery. I rescued him when he was 4 years old, now 12. We used to compete in hunter/jumper shows then developed navicular at age 6 and could no longer jump so had to retire him. We now do a bit of western pleasure and he's adjusted pretty well. We've had all sorts of ups and downs through the years but he's my other half and I love him
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nick.jpg (85.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg nick jollyball.jpg (47.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg nick2.jpg (40.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg nick3.jpg (43.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg nick4.jpg (24.9 KB, 37 views)
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

He's so pretty! What is navicular? I have 2 border collie crosses I do agility with, I'm not sure how well they would adjust if they couldn't do it anymore at such a young age. Why did he need rescuing?
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #3  
threenorns

ooooooooooooooh, he's ****gorgeous**********!!!!!

i have limited experience with horses and the ones we did have on the farm i briefly lived on with my bff were crafty demons from the underworld. General was the worst: he was a miniature horse who really had it in for me. he was a houdini for getting out (as was Danny-Boy, the clydesdale - i think they were in cahoots) and there i'd be, virtuously shovelling s--t and suddenly i get chomped on the keester usually at full extension which of course would land me face-down in the pasture.

the worst time was when i was trying to toss the muck out the door without actually leaving the barn due to late winter/early spring flooding and suddenly something *slammed* onto my back. i look down and there, one on each shoulder, were two little hooves! i reared up in outrage and before i even though, i sucker-punched the little heathen right in the head.

then i was horrified and ran up the road to the neighbour, who bred, trained, and showed miniatures and who had sold him to us for a suspiciously low price.

bawling my eyes out, i told her what happened, finishing with "i think i really hurt him!!!!"

her face was very blank as she calmly asked "is your hand broken?"

"um... no... but it really hurts!"

"trust me, you didn't hurt the horse. now get back there and get him back into the barn and halter him before you finish mucking out."

she was nice enough to wait until i was halfway down the driveway before she started howling with laughter.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #4  

Yeah it's really gorgeous and i like horse ridding. I have to do horse ridding in a farm house of my friend. That was the most memorable moments of my life.
gabrielasup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

What a beautiful horse. So glad you rescued him. I will not attend rodeos or many shows with horses, I have seen too many behind the scenes of how they are treated and once their worth runs out glue farm time.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

VERY BEAUTIFUL! Is that you jumping him? Wow. That is a great shot.
healthyginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #7  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thank you so much for posting this, what a beautiful horse. I had a horse for four years, and miss him so much, may he rest in peace. I hope you have a lot of fun with your horse!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote