My mutts

• First pic - Chase, border collie cross... 8 years and still a nut! Total agility freak, he considers it his "work" and he loves it. 65 pounds and thinks he's a lap dog (don't they all), absolutely lives to please, such a keener. Tries to herd other dogs at the off leash area.

Second pic - Snoop, another bc cross, 16 months and just happy go lucky loves EVERYONE (even strangers and the mail man), ball obsessed fetching machine. We adopted him at the begining of May, he was basically a blank slate when we got him, we're working on teaching him manners right now.

Third pic - Kelly (8/16/95 - 2/14/11 rest in peace baby girl), siberian husky cross. Water obsessed, she used to climb into the tub and want us to turn it on so she could watch water go down the drain. Also used to dig up water logged sticks from the river and then eat them. Still walking many km with me up until we lost her, she was the queen of the castle, we were all allowed to bow to her. It was a privilege to have loved her.

• Their last Christmas picture - neither one was impressed with being made to sit with a stranger.

• Beautiful puppies. I also love BCs! My mom and dad have a Border Collie mix that I also grew up with and I love him! I miss that doggie every day. Yours look like a joy! Your Siberian Huskey was also a beautiful girl and looks like she was a loving girl. Rest in peace, beautiful lady.
  • gorg!!! I especvially love snoop.

I have BCs, theres a thread somewhere! X
  • Thanks guys They're my babies, Chase is sleeping behind me as I surf. He's actually our biggest baby, we got him for free when he was 7 weeks old and it cost us $2000 to keep him alive. It was worth every penny but the end result is that we're VERY attached to him. Nurse a dog back from the brink of death and see how attached you get! Ha!

I just love BC's, the brains, the looks, the intenseness (is that a word?). But I know I don't do enough with them to handle a full pure bred. I like a dog that has an off switch also which is why I go with the crosses. That and because I like to rescue, crosses are more commonly found in rescues.
  • Beautiful!
  • Thanks

Here's a more recent picture of Chase (back) and Snoop at the off leash area... they're waiting for me to throw the ball of course.